• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice

great, thanks guys for that clerification... i also have a couple of more for you.
For Google Voice and Google Maps, how much data usage will they use? I plan on only getting the 150meg $15 plan. I assume it should be way more then enough for basically just those 2 applkications?
That's impossible to answer. It depends on your specific usage. Two different people using the very same apps can have extremely different data usage. Either use it sparingly at first and watch your usage or start with an unlimited plan (if available) to avoid overages.

So, my question is, with the GV app on the X, while it is running in the background, does it Instantly Notify you when you get a Text or V-mail, or do you have to keep refreshing it as well?
Generally, yes but it's not uncommon for GV to have lag issues. Over the past day or so I haven't been receiving text messages on a timely basis.

I got a couple more questions on GV... i signed up for it over the PC and have it ready to go, i can send and call right from the site and it shoots it out instantly. However, when I recieve and Text or V-Mail... it will not auto-show on the page. I always have to keep pressing the refresh button for it to appear.
I get instant notifications on my PC but I'm using Chrome with the GV extension.

Still, I personally won't buy a phone without a physical keyboard. To most it doesn't matter. To some it does. To make a ludicrous comment like "no advantages" can only be based on ignorance.
...or self-centeredness which I suspect is more common. Most people don't seem to be able to make objective evaluations of such things and apparently assume that everyone else's needs/wants must be identical to their own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones