1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google voice?

Last Updated:

1. William39

William39 New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I'm new here. going through a sticky divorce, It was suggested to me to get a Google voice accnt., so I could make and receive private calls on my G1 as a second line. This all sounds great, except it seems I need an invite to get an accnt. Does anyone know how I can do this? I saw a few listed on ebay but, if I did that she would know(she controls all of the banking). Looking for suggestions. I really need this.
    Thanks for any help or advise,
    Bill

Advertisement
  2. leftythrillz

leftythrillz Member

Google voice is free although there is currently a waiting list to get an account/number unless you can gain an invite.

3. William39

Thanks, Do you know how I can get an invite?

4. slreno

slreno Member

wow i would love an invite to google voice!... i have been trying for over a year to get an invite through google.
    reno1217@gmail.com
    thanks

5. Doug Simmons

Doug Simmons Member

Start by requesting one on Google's gv signup page. Took a couple days for me to get mine.

While you wait, try your luck here: Google Voice/Wave invites - xda-developers

Also people, generally a good idea not to post your email addresses, unless they're throwaways, on a public forum. Stick to pms. Or get a throwaway.

6. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I got mine through this forum. Don't remember the thread but there is one. Just do a search. There are some really nice folks who have invites that they will give away if you are lucky enough to ask at the right time. I am still waiting for GV to send me some to give away or I would give you one myself. Don't bother with the folks who want to play games. Just PM someone who seems nice.

7. William39

Thanks everyone, There are some really nice people in this community. I think I'm now covered. I'm not sure what's next an email from Google?
    Thanks again.:)