Google voicemail sprint-to-sprint

Last Updated:

1. Berix

Berix Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I rooted my sprint HTC hero and installed CM6 on it the other day, and everything is working great... except voicemail.

I was using the Sprint VVM app, and that worked, but I got that annoying SMS message with each new voicemail, so I decided to switch to Google Voice (for voicemail only).

It seems to work, except when my friends (who also have Sprint) call, and I don't answer the call, they either get a fast busy signal or they hear a voice say something like "Call cannot be completed. Goodbye" and then it hangs up.

Calling from land-lines and other cells seems to work ok? I just enabled Google Voice today, so do I need to wait a certain amount of time before it works Sprint to Sprint, or?

Has anyone else seen this before?

**EDIT** I should mention, it only happens on unanswered calls. If i dismiss the call before it's done ringing, it properly goes to google voicemail.

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Did you set up GV on the computer also? Then sign into the GV app and configure voicemail

3. Berix

No, I did not. Just had a friend try it again, and it appears to be working now.

I guess I wasn't patient enough :)

4. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

You can also block that annoying SMS if you use Handcent. That works for most people.

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

+1 on what Fenga said -

Download handscent and turn of your Stock Message notifications.
    Then you can Blacklist the Text message on handcent.

WORKS FOR ME!!!

6. Berix

Yeah, I kind of wanted to keep the stock Messaging app (for whatever reason)

7. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

ok thats fair....handcent is better though - little bubbles kind of suck but you don't have a cap on recipients....I think most u can do on stock is 10....

8. Berix

Yeah, I'll have to try it out -- I don't do a whole lot of texting anyway, but it does look neat.