• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google voicemail sprint-to-sprint

Berix

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
Hello. I rooted my sprint HTC hero and installed CM6 on it the other day, and everything is working great... except voicemail.

I was using the Sprint VVM app, and that worked, but I got that annoying SMS message with each new voicemail, so I decided to switch to Google Voice (for voicemail only).

It seems to work, except when my friends (who also have Sprint) call, and I don't answer the call, they either get a fast busy signal or they hear a voice say something like "Call cannot be completed. Goodbye" and then it hangs up.

Calling from land-lines and other cells seems to work ok? I just enabled Google Voice today, so do I need to wait a certain amount of time before it works Sprint to Sprint, or?

Has anyone else seen this before?

**EDIT** I should mention, it only happens on unanswered calls. If i dismiss the call before it's done ringing, it properly goes to google voicemail.

Hello. I rooted my sprint HTC hero and installed CM6 on it the other day, and everything is working great... except voicemail.

I was using the Sprint VVM app, and that worked, but I got that annoying SMS message with each new voicemail, so I decided to switch to Google Voice (for voicemail only).

It seems to work, except when my friends (who also have Sprint) call, and I don't answer the call, they either get a fast busy signal or they hear a voice say something like "Call cannot be completed. Goodbye" and then it hangs up.

Calling from land-lines and other cells seems to work ok? I just enabled Google Voice today, so do I need to wait a certain amount of time before it works Sprint to Sprint, or?

Has anyone else seen this before?

**EDIT** I should mention, it only happens on unanswered calls. If i dismiss the call before it's done ringing, it properly goes to google voicemail.

Did you set up GV on the computer also? Then sign into the GV app and configure voicemail

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones