Google Wallet ExperiencesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jmfolcik

jmfolcik Well-Known Member

For the 3rd time, this last weekend I tried to use some of my $25 google wallet prepaid gift card money at McDonalds, to have it not work. My phone always brings up google wallet when I pass it over the payment device but never goes through. It would say something like unsuccessful, tape screen and try again or something like that.

Curious if anyone else has had this. Tomorrow we are supposedly able to request a refund of the money, I plan on doing it since it doesn't work for me.
    I made a survey so we can see how our experiences have been:
    Used Google Wallet Survey

And here is where you can request your refund starting the 17th they say:
    https://www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund/index.html

Advertisement
  2. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Ha, I did even know you could use it at McD's. I thought it was just to purchase apps from Google Play. Shows what I know!
  3. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

I use mine regularly as I have my bank card linked to it

The few times it didn't work was due to cashier not knowing to run it as credit.

If you haven't unlocked wallet you have to tap phone which will.then prompt you for your wallet pin and then will tell you to tap phone again

I usually unlock wallet right before I use it so I only have to tap once.
  4. jlhog

jlhog Active Member

I just used my free $25 tonight. I got a 1/2 gallon of whiskey. First time I tried to use it and did not think it would work with the case on my phone, but it did. I may even set up my credit card to use in the wallet as it is handy.
  5. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

There was another thread about Google Wallet. A few people, myself included, have had terrible experiences with it. The only store I could get mine to work correctly and fairly consistently was Shop Rite. So after emptying my account I gave up on it.
  6. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. The whole google wallet experience was terrible. And that was using the free $10 they gave me. Based on that experience, there's no way in hell I'd let that wallet system anywhere near my credit or debit cards.
  7. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I've used it both successfully and unsuccessfully, when it worked it was great, when it didn't it was because I had no service with VMU.
  8. straykat

straykat Member

Ditto