Google Wallet Now Available through the MarketTips

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

yes i know it's been available as a mod but it is now available from the Market
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I wonder if there is any advantage to installing it from the market, even though I already have it installed?
  4. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Claims not to be available for my Verizon Nexus. Cannot install.
  5. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

Advantage would be updates?
    trophynuts likes this.
  6. nefor

nefor Member

I managed to use the trick to get it installed but evidently it wont work here in Australia. Shame really, hoped to try it out!
  7. DizzyMP

DizzyMP Well-Known Member

The only real perk is that it should get the updates. And yes, it will install on a VZW GNex. That's what I am running and I put it on mine earlier tonight.
    trophynuts likes this.
  8. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Not working for me. Everytime I click the Icon, it goes straight to the market app and tells me that my carrier doesnt support it. Im signed out of everything and cleared search history on both my browser and market app
  9. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

Do I have to uninstall the version I got from XDA 1st before installing market version?
  10. DizzyMP

I don't know if it makes a difference, but are you using the stock browser? I was on stock.
  11. DizzyMP

I don't know if you have to or not, but I did just to be on the safe side.
  12. redraptor

Yep stock for both
  13. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Y'all if you have issues with the trick most people are using try this(this is assuming you don't have it set to launch the browser or market by default when clicking a market link)-

Do all of this from your phone.
    1. http://market.android.com
    2. Choose browser.
    3. Search Google Wallet
    4. CLICK ICON, NOT INSTALL
    5. Choose Market
    6. Update or install!
    jackburnt likes this.
  14. desmond82

desmond82 Member

15. redraptor

if clicking the icon takes you directly to the market and it says its not supported, go back into the browser and click and HOLD on the icon. Open in a new tab and it should work.
  16. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

I went to the market to make sure it was showing up, and it did show up as an update to the mod, (gave two options "open" and "update" so I daringly chose "update"), so I updated and have had no issues (secure element issues specifically) yet, YMMV. I'll try it today at lunch to verify...
    Crashumbc likes this.
  17. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

It took several tries and the video on the droid-life link but I got it installed!

Because I'm a jerk, it's not so much that I really care about using Google Wallet, it's just a middle-finger at Verizon for not allowing it (which always seemed anti-competitive to me).
    drbugsmn and redraptor like this.
  18. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

rexdog's method worked fine. I was able to update the version from XDA without issue.

Not that I'll ever use it down here :(
    Crashumbc likes this.
  19. redraptor

I agree, but I also plan on using that 10 bucks too :)
  20. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

Protip: I think this procedure assumes you don't have any app defaults set. After it didn't work the first time, I cleared my market and ICS Browser+ defaults. It worked according to the instructions after that.

Also, I had the old "haxor3d" version which I uninstalled first and everything transferred properly.

Edit: I wonder what VZW's new excuse is for blocking it. Seems they can't say Google doesn't have the app ready for the GNex anymore.
  21. GadgetGeek

GadgetGeek Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly!! :)
  22. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Active Member

It took a few tries, but I just got Google Wallet installed on my new GN...on T-Mobile using the Droid Life procedure.
    steevo1 likes this.
  23. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

I got an "Error: application already exists". Then I opened up the market app manually and it shows that google wallet is "downloading" in the my apps page. However, it's been going for a while, so I don't think it's going to install. I already installed a version (1.1-R48v4) from xda, that I think may already be this update.

I click "x stop 1" to stop the google wallet download but it doesn't do anything, still appears to be downloading.

So I killed the market app in the app manager, and then reopened it and google wallet is listed under my apps. Not sure if it was there before (maybe the updated xda version was recognized by market). But I guess its there... now just wanna test it out!
  24. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Does not work on the Canadian Galaxy Nexus.
  25. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

mine (updated via Market from the no-root-required XDA .apk) just bought me lunch!