Google Wallet now requiring SSNGeneral

Last Updated:

1. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member

anyone seeing now that GW is now making you put in your SSN in order to add funds. Is this something normal Just seemed kinda fishy that all of a sudden its requriring this "verify information"

2. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

This has happened to others. After adding money 3 times or totaling over $450, it will ask you for that information.
  3. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

its part of the govt tracking funds trying to identify funds that may/may not be coming from terrorist or criminal origin. almost every prepaid card in america now requires it
  4. DSG04lightning

Wow thanks for the information guys. I did not know any of this
  5. Chugworth

Chugworth Well-Known Member

I did a search in Google's support and found this answer:

I think I would rather Google Wallet just charge directly to my credit card.
    DSG04lightning likes this.
  6. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

I would prefer a "link to a payment processor" .. like PayPal links to my bank account.

But that's just me ....

7. DSG04lightning

Exactly this is the way it shouldve gone. So now is there also a way to get an actual live prepaid card?
  8. mrhappy

mrhappy Member

I would NEVER allow Paypal or Google Wallet have a direct link to my bank account. I made that mistake once with Paypal, and when an unauthorized withdrawal occurred from my Paypal account, Paypal snagged the money from my checking account, and after several appeals they told me it was my problem to resolve with the vendor.