• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It HAS been activated (NFC) with the Ice Cream Sandwich update. You can now enable it in the settings. I suppose it just comes down to apps that can make use of it now. Perhaps since this was only just enabled a few days ago, Google simply hasn't had time to work the Note into the list of supported devices for Google Wallet, so I'm hoping that it will work in the near future.

Upvote 0
Of course it does! If anything, manufacturers usually disable things with software. It would be too cost-prohibitive to start altering pieces left and right for individual carriers. The NFC antenna is that thing with the contacts on the inside of the rear cover.

And again, as I've mentioned, with ICS you can actually enable it in the settings. If the chip wasn't there, that wouldn't be possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones