• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet

Those of us with the Sprint Nexus S 4G are lucky (?) enough to be the only ones in the world to be able to try out the Google Wallet function. Announced today in the Google Blog at Official Google Blog: Launching Google Wallet on Sprint and working with Visa, American Express and Discover

You will need a new ROM to take advantage of this.

I think I missed something. My Stock ROM will work just fine it is an update that is needed to activate the NFC but it most likly will not be a ROM just an APP called (Google Wallet)

Upvote 0
Has anyone else seen Google Wallet using a lot of their battery life? (even more than the display!)

I keep force stopping it with app manager as well as the Advanced Task Killer app, but it turns itself back on within a few minutes.

I've tried rebooting the phone and turning off NFC, but nothing seems to work.

Any advice/suggestions would be welcome.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else seen Google Wallet using a lot of their battery life? (even more than the display!)

I keep force stopping it with app manager as well as the Advanced Task Killer app, but it turns itself back on within a few minutes.

I've tried rebooting the phone and turning off NFC, but nothing seems to work.

Any advice/suggestions would be welcome.

Yes. Google Wallet was taking up 70% of my battery!!! For me, a restart did manage to get it off the battery usage culprits.

Yes!! That is the main reason I joined this site was to ask about this! I just picked up my nexus S yesterday and while my battery still needs time to "break in" I did notice that google wallet was eating over 20% of my battery and I'm not even using it! I'd just assume not have it on my phone but it won't let you delete it.

I'm sure its only a matter of time before this becomes more of widespread issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones