Google Wallet?General

1. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

I've had my Photon Q for just over a month. Infinitely better than my Epic 4G.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to see that, despite having NFC, this device is not currently supported by Google Wallet. I was really anxious to try this service out. Since it considers my device to be unsupported, I'm unable to download it from the Play Store.

Does anyone know whether/when we Photon Q owners will be able to use this service?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dydey90

Dydey90 New Member

Motorola and Google both declined to comment on the lack of support for this, so it's probably a security error?
  3. jasonacg

I'd really like to know. The silence from all sides is really frustrating.
  4. Philantropy

Philantropy New Member

I have also been waiting for this. One of the key factors in my buying this phone was mainly that it had NFC, which means it could be used with Google Wallet. I'm really hoping that something comes up for this device.
  5. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Side load it from the web like others from vzw and att do.
  6. jasonacg

You can't sideload it. Well, you can, but it won't run.

Once you open the app, you get a message that you are using an unsupported device, and the app then closes immediately.
  7. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Wow I find it strange that the q is the ONLY NFC capable device that cant run Google wallet. Even att and vzw people can side load it as long as its NFC capable.
  8. jasonacg

You and me both. It's been very frustrating to be on the outside looking in.