• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Weather/News Widget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny879

Nov 15, 2009
I havnt seen this posted yet so here it is...

Some of you may have seen the pics for the Google weather/news app/widget for Android 2.1 that was running on the Nexus One. Well some hackers pulled the .apk file off that phone and now have it available for us Droiders. I put it on my phone and it works great. The news app is really cool. You can create custom news topics such as "Android" or "Mobile News".

Here is the link to get it. [Link Removed by Mod...]

Directions:
Download .zip file
Rename file to GenieWidget.apk
Transfer to phone
Use a file manager app to install it (Ex. Astro)

Pics: (More Pics)

Android-2-1-Screenshots-Available-6.jpg
Android-2-1-Screenshots-Available-7.jpg
Android-2-1-Screenshots-Available-2.jpg

Thanks. I installed it and it looks decent. I like the swiping of the new stories. However, if I display just the weather widget, the formatting is weird. Won't show the whole temperature. Overall, it feels like the widget was made for a wider screen... perhaps 4.3"? O_O

Not sure what you mean. I see weather icon, current temp, city, "snow", and high/low. Looks the way it should.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones