googlemail to phone sync

Last Updated:

1. Willie Heckerslyke

Willie Heckerslyke Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all...
    I've just spent an hour or so updating my online googlemail contacts via my pc as it's easier than on the phone...

What I was going to do was then delete my phone contacts and sync it with googlemail. When l'd deleted my contacts and tried to sync with googlemail, it threw up an error saying too many contacts had been deleted and gave me options to quit, delete all or undo deletes.... As l'd just deleted them myself I chose to delete all and continue...WRONG! When I synced, it synced my now blank contacts up to googlemail and wiped them all.

What should I do next time if I want to send my edited googlemail contacts to my blank phone when I do it all over again?

Thanks for any advice for a right donut :p

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do nothing. The sync will update the phone with your corrections.

Deleting on one or the other will simply delete your contacts in both locations.

3. kwojo23

kwojo23 Member

Dunno if this thread is too old for anyone to notice me adding a post here, but I've had my phone set NOT to sync regularly w/gmail because I was happy having my email addresses saved in gmail & my phone numbers on my phone...But I'm about to install the OTA & realized that I probably should have my phone numbers backed up.

I've tried unsuccessfully for the past 3 hours to get the contacts to sync & it just keeps going & going & then periodically the "too many contacts deletes" notification pops up & I tell it to delete the contacts. What's the deal? Why won't it complete the sync? It still shows that my contacts haven't been synced since January.