• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prez Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a stone cold Democrat for 42 years. Other than gun control I'm about as far left as one can be. Now, the one thing I like about Trump is that he chose not to use or be influenced by the super pacs made legal by the "Citizens United" ruling of the Supreme Court. This decision has corrupted the political process more than anything in recent history. I voted for Bernie in the primary (who BTW, won my state of Michigan), primarily for that reason. Should Trump come out against CU, and support legislation to reverse it, my opinion could change.

I'm nearly 61 years old and remember life before Reagan, when ONE wage earner could support a family. He changed all of that by mortgaging the future of our offspring to out spend and bring down the USSR. While he eventually succeeded, the price paid was catastrophic.

As a blue collar (union) worker I have been screwed by the Republican party every time they were in control. Most recently RTW laws being run up our arse in the Midwest without a vote or input from the electorate.

When Bush Jr took over, the bankruptcy code was changed to prevent a fresh start for those who need it most, while allowing big corporations to get away with using it to commit downright fraud.

America couldn't stand more than 8 years of relative peace and prosperity under Bill Clinton and the money got Bush elected.

I realize that I'm in the minority here, so I wish you all the best and will politely refrain from participating in this thread in the future. Peace to you all...
No hate Sir, and your thoughts and contributions always seem to have merit. And for that, I respect and thank all you have done.

Upvote 0
No hate Sir, and your thoughts and contributions always seem to have merit. And for that, I respect and thank all you have done.

I appreciate the kind words. The true beauty of America is that we can have opposing views and still be friends. Best wishes to you and all.

Upvote 0
I went back and forth for years, even voted for Clinton in '92. Then the travails of Monica led me to the teachings of Rush and I've never looked back.
So... You stopped support Clinton because of lies and/or sexual misconduct

And you're now voting for Trump??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just don't understand.. how so many all over our GREAT country.. will vote for Trump!

I am hoping there is a silent majority.. that will come out and right our course.
Not if Hillary is our only other candidate! [emoji15] I don't wanna vote Trump, really.. But I'll vote for him before I will Hillary. [emoji41] Any Day.

Reactions: jefboyardee
Upvote 0
Is Hillary that bad?
Having become the poster child of the motto: "Do as I say and not as I do" while growing up.. She's more deceptive than all the others and has been at it even longer. Yes, she's that bad and not to be trusted. She's also decided that when she's president, we won't "need" our guns?! Great.. Not allowed to defend ourselves or our children. Blind, blind ppl.. [emoji36]

Upvote 0
she is a liar... ok, cant argue...
she is a politician...
Politicians are liars... (you cant name one that is not!!!)
she was married to Clinton (big liar)

She is smart and knows how to play the political game ..
knows the dangers of words.. and alliances..

Trump.. he is liar too... and a cheat.. a bully..
has no idea of a politics.
he is a lost/confused bull in a fine china shop

Trump is dangerous to Me, You, USA, and all nations (good ones and bad ones)
Trump is dangerous to mother earth and the future

Reactions: doniago
Upvote 0
we can all agree

1. Politics SUCKS
2. Politics is every where.. Gov.. Work... Social groups... Home (to some extent).
3. Politics is important in all aspects of life.
4. Politics is very important in dealing with Domestric and International affairs
5. Politics SUCKS!!!!!!

6. Trump.. has no idea of how to handle POLITICS...

Upvote 0
yes yes..
I know this horse is old.. but it is still strong and has been a great help on the farm.
and... there have been other farm horses in the past... that have been able to win races!

so, I want you to buy this horse.. (cheap)..
and bet your farm on the race.. against his unknow but true race horse.

ok.. lets make this race great again!!!!

Upvote 0
we can all agree

1. Politics SUCKS
2. Politics is every where.. Gov.. Work... Social groups... Home (to some extent).
3. Politics is important in all aspects of life.
4. Politics is very important in dealing with Domestric and International affairs
5. Politics SUCKS!!!!!!

6. Trump.. has no idea of how to handle POLITICS...
7. We are all screwed and always will be. We don't have leaders, we have "owners."

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Neither did General Roosevelt, at first..
Teddy Roosevelt was never a "General" in the sense of battle. A politician, YES!

Not since Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Morgan conspired to buy McKinley and make Teddy "mute," has the difference between rich and poor been so great. It backfired on them when McKinley was assassinated, thereby making Teddy the President. He then began his own agenda to at least "try" to clean things up.

It never "truly" occurred, so here we go again...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
5d54a98c9384c1ae7569edcd45d31899.jpg

Reactions: Father Guido
Upvote 0
I cannot vote for neither. The ONLY reason I will go to the polls is to vote for my Congressmen/women. The "Pubs" in Lansing have screwed every working person in MI, and I'm sick of it. A Union member my entire working career gives me pause when they "automatically" select whatever Dem is running. Where WERE they when they shoved RTW up our butts several years ago? "I" was beating feet in a snowstorm that day and saw NO "I'll walk the picket line with you" crap.

All lies, so screw 'em. I'll do a write in for Prez, maybe "Jack Schitt?"

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones