GoPro Hero3Support

Last Updated: 2013-07-20 17:55:57
  1. z3r0

z3r0 Member

Has anyone gotten their GoPro Hero3 to connect to their TU? Ive gotten it to connect to my wife's droid 4 but with no preview, and I havent tried an older Droid 1 we have lying around yet. I have gotten it to work perfect with an iPhone 4s, 5, and iPad (which just kills me). Every time I try to connect to the GoPro in my WiFi settings it says "obtaining IP address," tries and tries then disconnects and reties again. On the Droid 4 I can control the camera I just get no preview. Im just really mad its working on some friends iJunk and none of my android devices. Anyone have experience with this? I know the app just came out and that they list only a few limited Android devices that are know to work, but when I called tech support they said it should be working. I have the included remote working fine its just the preview I want so I dont have to buy the LCD Backpack. Hopefully with time this will be fixed, but I was thinking maybe someone is running a custom ROM on a rooted phone and may have gotten it working. Anyone have an luck?

Advertisement
  2. Draginduster

Draginduster New Member

Having similar issues with my GS3. It worked intermittently at first but now I can't get it to work at all. I have the Black edition and my included remote works fine. Guess I'll just wait for GoPro to get a patch out or something.
  3. z3r0

z3r0 Member

Ive been in contact with customer service over at GoPro, they are amazing, and I have been told that they are having trouble with the Android side of the app and there is only full support for only a handful of phones. They are working on a fix and are working on a list of phones and OS's that work and dont work so their engineers can solve the problem. The Apple side was ez for them to get working since there are only a few devices.

On a side note I must say the Hero3 is amazing, I just wish I could use it with my phone or one of the others in the house. Its like you said lets just hope for a patch sometime soon.
  4. z3r0

z3r0 Member

I was looking at the specs of the phones that are on the list of known working android devices and one of the phones that works is the HTC Thunderbolt which runs @ the same 1ghz and also runs on 2.2 or 2.3 as the TU. I sent in those specs and got an answer on the Droid 4. The Droid 4 has a known problem and they are working on it. The Droid 4 will run the Hero3 but has trouble with the preview. Im just hoping for a patch soon. The TU gets stuck in an "obtaining IP" loop.