• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gorilla Glass ? Or not?

MiguelAMX

Nov 23, 2011
i sent a tweet to boostcare asking if the design has gorilla glass. to my shock a rep sayed it has a plastic screen like the prevail. my prevail is pretty scratched up and becoming unresponsive sometimes. just wanted to throw a heads up before some of you buy.

Update: Well as many users pointed out. The screen is not plastic but of some other material. *sigh of relief*

I have noticed the screen seems to get fingerprint smudges easier then the LG Marquee that I had before. The screen doesn't have the same feel to it as well. But I do know it definitely does not feel like the screen on the Prevail. I used to have the Prevail a while back and this screen is definitely not made of the same material. :p

Upvote 0
I just looked it up in the reviews, and the screen is glass.
A lot of the time, the reps really know very little about the hardware of the phones they sell, unfortunately,

Thank you I guess I shouldnt trust them all the time then.

I have noticed the screen seems to get fingerprint smudges easier then the LG Marquee that I had before. The screen doesn't have the same feel to it as well. But I do know it definitely does not feel like the screen on the Prevail. I used to have the Prevail a while back and this screen is definitely not made of the same material. :p

Good that is great to hear. Well I hope its scratch proof. My prevail is pretty beat up.

Upvote 0
It is gorilla glass when not all devices are listed on their site when I get evidence I'll bring the link here definitely glass its capacitive so not plastic. Be back with a link or two or three soon guys butbif you can take nyvword for it rest assured it is Gorilla Glass

You can still have a plastic screen with capacitive touch, it's fiber glass. Plastic woven with glass fibers. Also the phone has been available for over a year, I'm sure that it would have made it to Corning's site by now if it was equipped with Gorrilla glass.

Upvote 0
I'm still a big fan of Invisible Shield - Gorilla Glass or not.

For the frugal, I constantly see clearance Invisible Shield kits at places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I buy one or two kits for a random 7"-9" tablet and then meticulously (and painstakingly) cut them to fit the phone. With calipers for precise measurement, a sharp XActo knife, and some round objects like coins, etc to trace out rounded edges for the corners, I end up with a flawless Invisible Shield for around $3-$4 rather than $25, with TONS of material left over to do more! :thumbup:

Just got my Evo Design 4G about an hour ago and loving it so far. Need to get offline (after I root) and make my screen protector!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones