1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gorilla Glass or not?General

1. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this has been confirmed or not, but I was just reading this article:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09/20/samsung-galaxy-note-3-release-date-tips/

And it says it IS gorilla glass. It even says don't use a screen protector.

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Gorilla Glass has been used for most mainstream Android phones since 2009. I've never used a screen protector nor scratched any screen I've had. :)
  3. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

And I have.
  4. droidobsessed

droidobsessed Well-Known Member

I can't find where I read this (somewhere in this forum) that it has said in previous manuals not to use screen protectors but people have used them anyway. In the end it's your preference. I plan to.
  5. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Page 9 on the Note 3 User manual:

I plan to as well.
  6. droidobsessed

droidobsessed Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reference point.
  7. atrain311

Thanks for the information, but no one has definitive confirmation on the screen being gorilla glass, right?
  8. Scootmien

I have found a number of reviews that mention Gorilla Glass. Quite a few of them indicate it's GG3. At the end of the day, they are not going to put something worse on the Note 3, largely touted as their new flagship device, than on the S4.
    atrain311 likes this.
  9. redpill2016

redpill2016 Well-Known Member

I think it probably is, although in my somewhat recent experience in researching this sort of stuff, I have noticed that gottabemobile site posts a lot of unconfirmed stuff (nice way of saying speculative BS) in order to get traffic.
    atrain311 likes this.
  10. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

I never would own a phone without protection. Also, when I sell my phones the screens are like new. Always a good selling point. IMO
  11. atrain311

Thanks rawhide. Is there a particular reason why you won't go with screen protection? I'm really on the fence right now. I've always used the screen covers you can buy from Verizon and I've had no issues. But since I've never gone without one, I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
  12. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

atrain- My bad, I meant to say that I would never own a device WITHOUT screen protection! Like you, I've always used a SP and actually apply them right out of the box. Just like knowing the screen can't be scratched.
    atrain311 likes this.
  13. atrain311

Thanks. Now the decision to go with a case or not.
  14. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Who knows. Maybe they're using Dragontrail.

I personally use screen protectors. I generally prefer going with tempered glass protectors only because they last longer and protect the screen better. I had the glas.t on the original Note and Vitreo on the Note 2. Way better investment and protection. Also have no input issues whatsoever with the Vitreo, but a little issue with the glass.t.

Still have a beautiful screen to view regardless. ;)
    KOLIO likes this.
  15. zendroid

zendroid Guest

Many of Samsung smartphones are Gorilla Glass. The SGS3, SGS4 and more.

Strangely the Note is not on the Gorilla Glass list. Yet the disclaimer says that may not exclude it from actually being equipped with Gorilla Glass.

Here's the official list from Corning Corp.

CORNING
  16. Scootmien

17. atrain311

Seems strange to me that there isn't clarity on this topic...by now you'd think we would have an answer. I mean, people will have this phone I their hands shortly. Odd