• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got a couple questions before I go ahead and root my phone

gh0atd

Dec 28, 2009
I want to play it safe as this is the first time me doing anything remotely similar to this on a phone.

Now, my first question is, the recovery file that is being placed into the phone, is that basically the default Android OS with HTC Sense UI? What IS the recovery image?

When/If 2.1 is released, can you just upgrade to 2.1 right away, or are there any proactive issues that could arise?

If I go to the sprint store, will they complain about the phone being rooted if I go in and there is a problem with it (such as dust, hardware issue, etc)?

Can I do a complete backup of the entire system to the phone?

I know there are issues of removing certain programs, that has no effect if you are using an already created ROM, correct?

I just want to get my bearings on doing this before I go and possibly screw something up. Granted I did get the TPE or whatever it is called for the phone, I don't think this falls in their guidelines. :)

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones