Got a fresh update from Motorola in IndiaGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kizmat

kizmat Member This Topic's Starter

I use a Milestone in India, and just got a ~30MB update from Motorola OTA. I have installed it, but can't see any difference yet. Has anybody else got the update as well?

FYI, my milestone was already upgraded to 2.1, so this is something extra. Just can't tell what!

Advertisement
  2. decible

decible New Member

how did u get this, i have been using milestone for 2 months now. where to check for the updates?

3. TruFatty

TruFatty Member

you can go to settings, about phone, then system updates for OTA

4. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Active Member

What does your phone firmware version say?

5. vennstrom

vennstrom New Member

I had an update as well yesterday, originally I'm using SHOLS_U2_02.31.0 formware and when I checked system update there was an update for about 28mb OTA.

Downloaded and installed, turn out to be SHOLS_U2_02.34.3(which is a firmware for Hong Kong/Macau region)....unfortunately, it can't be rooted using the guide provided in this forum...

No noticeable changes in the firmware...so I flashed back to SHOLS_U2_02.31.0

6. kizmat

Yeah, I'm on SHOLS_U2_02.34.3 now.

7. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Well-Known Member

More than likely there were some bug fixes in there.

8. decible

decible New Member

i kno how to find that, but wenever i do it, a pop up appears "unble to connect - the device is unable to connect to the server. Try again later". Wat to do?

I have another query, not related to the topic here... how do i remove the vibration from the phone when i swipe to unlock the phone.

9. hoshner

hoshner New Member

Hey Kizmat

Hi the alarm on my milestone doesnt work, well it works, but if the phone is in sleep mode (screen off) the alarm will not activate .. the moment u bring the screen alive the alarm sets off..

From reading online it seems this is an issue with the current kernel version that CPU doesnt 'wake up' with the alarm, was just wondering if you faced this issues on ur device and if it is fixed now ?

Any other noticable performance / fuctionality / stability improvements uve noticed ?

Any negatives / bugs uve noticed .. ?
    Thanks

Hoshner.

PS: Im also getting the unable to connect error .. strange that all indian users havent got the update ... when did u get ur device btw ?

10. kizmat

hoshner, I have never had any trouble with my alarm. Also, just tried it and it works fine after the update as well.

I haven't noticed any changes in the phone so far. I really have no clue what the update was for!

Also, this milestone wasn't bought in India. I got it from Hong Kong, and like a poster above said - it seems to be a update for HK phones.

11. venkat1204

venkat1204 Member

there is update in phone security...!!and some good bug fix..!!live wallpaper is now more interactive.