Got a new Acer Liquid E

Last Updated:

1. markolic

markolic New Member This Topic's Starter

i recently got a new acer liquid E smartphone from Rogers. I have noticed, that although android is amazing and all that stuff, there is a little lag towards the whole shebang.

i heard cyanogen or sum stuff can fix everything. i found this thing [ROM] {Acer Liquid E} Xian v0.7d [5/25/2010] based on .BIN build 1.100.05 - AndroidSPIN Forums but i dont know if it will work with my android. otherwise can someone explain to me my options for hacks/mods/roots/whateva.

Advertisement
  2. djinferno806

djinferno806 New Member

hey man, listen i just got the acer liquid E as well from rogers about 4 days ago and im in love with it. Its pretty fast already as it is. But i did go ahead and install that custom rom from Xian, and everything runs super quicker, a lot more optimizations for sure. Also the fact you can manage how many apps run in the background and clock the cpu lower or higher.

stb71 likes this.
  3. Icefalcon

Icefalcon New Member

Could someone explain how to root and install the ROM on this phone? I'm new to it.

4. stb71

stb71 Member

I got my new Acer Liquid E from Rogers on July 28th and love it. It's my first smart phone and I wanted to go Android as I think it will be the best smart phone op system and have the best and cheapest apps. Plus, I have never been a huge Apple fan and don't like the way they want to control everything to do with the apps etc.

Anyhow, I find the phone to b super fast and haven't installed the ROM as it seems a bit too complicated to me and I don't want to mess anything up on my phone. If someone can explain in a simple way how to do it without messing anything up I might reconsider.