• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got a new Acer Liquid E

markolic

Lurker
Jul 7, 2010
i recently got a new acer liquid E smartphone from Rogers. I have noticed, that although android is amazing and all that stuff, there is a little lag towards the whole shebang.

i heard cyanogen or sum stuff can fix everything. i found this thing [ROM] {Acer Liquid E} Xian v0.7d [5/25/2010] based on .BIN build 1.100.05 - AndroidSPIN Forums but i dont know if it will work with my android. otherwise can someone explain to me my options for hacks/mods/roots/whateva.

hey man, listen i just got the acer liquid E as well from rogers about 4 days ago and im in love with it. Its pretty fast already as it is. But i did go ahead and install that custom rom from Xian, and everything runs super quicker, a lot more optimizations for sure. Also the fact you can manage how many apps run in the background and clock the cpu lower or higher.

Reactions: stb71
Upvote 0
I got my new Acer Liquid E from Rogers on July 28th and love it. It's my first smart phone and I wanted to go Android as I think it will be the best smart phone op system and have the best and cheapest apps. Plus, I have never been a huge Apple fan and don't like the way they want to control everything to do with the apps etc.

Anyhow, I find the phone to b super fast and haven't installed the ROM as it seems a bit too complicated to me and I don't want to mess anything up on my phone. If someone can explain in a simple way how to do it without messing anything up I might reconsider.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones