Got a new Inc from asurion.. Pink hue?General

Last Updated:

1. bcourt29

bcourt29 New Member This Topic's Starter

Had to have it replaced due to a nice tuck and roll about 5 feet ground level. Anyway no big deal, just paid my deductible and got a brand new one from asurion. Got one of the so called pink hue screens. Compared to my original Inc there is a difference. Mostly noticed when you start the phone up and the HTC logo pops up. The whites and grays appear to have a darker shade. Makes my original Inc whites look almost floresent.

But to be honest i think that the colors are alot more vibrant and sharper on this replacement phone. Even the pictures i took came out sharper. Maybe my first Inc which i got on launch day had the issue and HTC just refined the color contrast on the later INC's.

I think im the only one that actually likes the so called "pink hue" screen better. LOL

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

No. Some people had the pink hue on launch day, and some didn't.

I got a replacement (new) a week ago from Asurion and have less pink hue then last time.

So it has nothing to do with the new build.

HTC didn't refine the 'contrast'.

Same phone - from day 1 every phone has been a little different from everyone else.

I'd say the pink hue is 50/50 for users.

3. Boostang

Boostang New Member

Doesn't bother me at all either!

4. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

My Asurion replacement also has a pink/ weird gray hue & the screen gets blurry sometime..... I'm waiting for a replacement.... Hopefully replacement #2 will be like my original

5. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

Would you rather have a AMOLED screen with a slight pink hue or the new LCD screen that will be stock on the incredible??

6. matt96ex

matt96ex Member

Just got my replacement phone yesterday. This pink hue is the first thing I noticed when I started it up. It really bothers me but I'm not sure if it worth calling to bitch about. I doubt they'll do anything...

7. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

Which is better?

Edit: nevermind I found some info - AMOLED is better and more clear

8. bcourt29

So i recieved yet another Inc from asurion. The "pink hue" is alot less noticable. Along with that the colors are actually duller and even the blacks are more true with the "pink hue". New phone has a manf date of 6/22. The Pink hue Inc has a manf date of 4/23. Either way both blow away the color contrast of my launch day Inc.

Seems like not all these phones are the same. Im a perfectionist like many fellow Inc owners. But i am gonna keep the 4/23 phone cause i like the colors so much more.

Love asurion.. they let me keep all three batteries and wall chargers..:D

9. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Did you ask or just didnt send back?

10. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member

My Asurion replacement came with a noticeable pink hue. It doesn't bother me except for when it auto-dims it gets REALLY pink. Other then that I don't have a problem with it. Don't think I'll bother with another replacement.

11. bcourt29

I asked and they said all they want me to send back was the phone. Keep the charger and batteries..

12. gti18t04

gti18t04 Active Member

they will send you a replacement for the pink hue I had 3 inc's because of the pinkkkkk

13. andrewtroone

andrewtroone New Member

So i just got my Inc a week ago and i dropped it, and cracked the screen....how long do i have to wait to claim it with asurion? is it void if i do it in the first 30 days like some insurance?

14. bigdragons

bigdragons Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing,how long it takes to get a phone after you file a claim

15. dlike

dlike Member

Mine also has the pink hue, especially noticeable on low brightness but on max bright it's ok. Not sure if I want to send it back for fear of getting the same thing or worse.

16. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

my 3rd incredible had a pink hue and a blown speaker on the back.
    I did not notice it unless i had my 3rd phone next to my 4th phone.

My 4th only reboots a few times a day.

17. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

about 3-4 days max.

18. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

My Asurion replacement has apink hue.

19. arunningpir8

arunningpir8 Member

I feel EXACTLY the same as the OP. When I got my replacement I was like crap...got the pink screen...but once the phone was fully booted and I saw the homescreen next to the original Dinc I had, I was blown away by the contrast difference!

The pink hue screen is MUCH better imo, the only thing I find slightly annoying is when it dims the pink is more noticeable, but I will deal with it for the huge difference it makes at full brightness, because 9 times out of 10 thats how I use it.

20. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Maybe they came from San Francisco! LOL!

21. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I have the original phone from launch day. It was manufactured on 4-23 and it doesn't have a pink screen at all. It also has a VERY Vibrant screen. I wonder what the difference is unless the "Pink" screens are the LCD type and not the AMOLED perhaps???

22. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

When DInc #3 (after sending back DInc #2 to Asurian) it's perfect :) Since we all noticed a pink hue around the same time from Asurian I wonder if they got a bad batch?

23. maddoxrs

maddoxrs Member

I had a problem with the pink hue on my replacementtoo. I turned the brightness to high and after an hour the pink went away. Looks great now. Must be a burn in period on them