• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got a new netbook

flipboi2damax

May 26, 2010
my laptop broke about half a year ago ( cat pushed it off table) and i have been using my desktop comp up until today. Since I Don't need a laptop for its power i decided to get a netbook. checked some reviews and it seemed like my choice would be an asus eee pc 1005HAB for only 250 from bestbuy (400 after warranty and accessories). Thought i'd share it with you all since i have nothing better to do.

Yep, it's a great little netbook. I bought one for my 6 year old nephew (but we all use it for web browsing and such). I also purchased from Best Buy, but did not get the warranty. $100 bucks or whatever it is seems too steep for a $250 computer. I just figure if it breaks in a year or so, I'll just buy him a new one, but it seems pretty solidly built anyway. Software issues aren't a concern since I do tech support stuff anyway...

Upvote 0
i thought about a netbook, but i went with an acer aspire 5532. was $300 at best buy on a special.

i than spent $25 on ebay to go from the single core 1.6ghz to a dual core 1.8ghz processor, HUGE difference. Next is to go from 3gb of ram to 4gb of ram to run dual channel. I am running Linux Mint(ubuntu based) and enjoy it.

It is a bit bigger than what i wanted, since it has as numberpad on it as well as the keyboard, all i do is browse the net and talk on AIM/gTalk etc. Think sometimes I should of gone with a netbook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones