Got a replacement Droid, but my apps won't come over

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tspangle88, Mar 31, 2010.

1. tspangle88

tspangle88 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    My Droid started acting up a few weeks ago and finally died last week. Whenever I turn it on, the screen goes crazy with random inputs even though I'm not touching it. So I called Verizon and got a replacement. I have it now, and it works fine, but for some reason my apps have not migrated to the new device. I am signed in to my Google account, I have mail coming in on my Gmail, but none of my apps have made it. I'm using my old SD card so I have my photos and such.

I understand that it's possible to back up your apps to the card, but the old phone is unusable now, so that's not an option. I thought the apps were tied to my Google account and would be automatically downloaded to whatever Android device I signed in with. If that's the case, is there a way to force it to happen, because it's been almost 24 hours and it hasn't happened automatically yet.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. tspangle88

tspangle88 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Drat, I didn't mean to post this in this forum, sorry! Mods, can you please move it?

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants
    VIP Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    I believe you need to redownload from market. You shouldn't be charged again.