• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got a replacement Droid, but my apps won't come over

tspangle88

Mar 31, 2010
My Droid started acting up a few weeks ago and finally died last week. Whenever I turn it on, the screen goes crazy with random inputs even though I'm not touching it. So I called Verizon and got a replacement. I have it now, and it works fine, but for some reason my apps have not migrated to the new device. I am signed in to my Google account, I have mail coming in on my Gmail, but none of my apps have made it. I'm using my old SD card so I have my photos and such.

I understand that it's possible to back up your apps to the card, but the old phone is unusable now, so that's not an option. I thought the apps were tied to my Google account and would be automatically downloaded to whatever Android device I signed in with. If that's the case, is there a way to force it to happen, because it's been almost 24 hours and it hasn't happened automatically yet.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones