Got a replacement Nexus One coming! HTC support is top totch

Last Updated:

1. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That was pretty easy! You just call them up, tell them your issues and they give you options. Either, a repair or a swap! It's simple!

My issues is, more and more dust is collecting under the screen now. And now the trackball don't fully work anymore! It won't go down at all, yes I use the trackball!

Got a replacement coming really quick. :)

So... I won't be getting an AMOLED screen right? Oh well.. it's still a Nexus One!

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Due to my good customer service experiences with HTC all of my future phones will be HTC phones.

Glad everything worked out for you Electro :)

BreatheElectro likes this.
  3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Please let me know what you think of the screen. Mine has developed some faults so I might do similar if the new screen isn't too bad.

4. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

what type of screens are they shipping out now? I have some serious dust building up on my N1 that is starting to get on my nerves and was thinking about a swap. I would also have to part with my beautiful engraving on the back

5. BreatheElectro

Well you can send ur engraved phone in to get repaired instead of doing a swap. From what I read a month ago, Samsung can't keep up with demand on the AMOLED screens... so HTC is using the the screen the iPhone 4 uses.

Is this correct guys?

6. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

if thats the case then im in, but as for a repair, im rooted and what not. Ive heard people have no probs but ive heard people get no repairs due to that

7. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

How does dust get under the screen and how can you tell?

8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It gets in due to some screens not being well sealed round the edges. You can tell if it's there because you can see it. Little specks that you can't clean off.

tigrr07 likes this.
  9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

did they want a deposit for the new one? or will they send a new one once they receive yours?

10. BreatheElectro

If you do a swap out, they will ask for your credit card number! But won't charge it(though it will show up as pending, but won't charge). It's HTC's secure way of making sure they get the "returned" item back. You will have 10 days to return the broken nexus, after you receive your new Nexus, or $529.00 will be charged!

They will give you a fedex shipping label, so it's free shipping back!

11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Isn't it weird Electro how good the HTC customer service is? :confused:

I'm used to having to pay Apple or LG through the nose in order to fix issues that should be covered under warranty. :(

With HTC though its always just "let us take care of that right away for you sir... for free of course". I'm always thinking to myself "Aren't these guys supposed to roll their eyes at me and charge me an arm and a leg? Why are they being so nice?" Its pretty eerie :eek:

12. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

It's funny, I never thought I used my trackball, but every time I play with my friends Vibrant I think to myself "who in the right mind thought about excluding a trackball?"

(Of course, probably the same person who figured no one needs a LED light either...lol.)

13. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

Is the replacement Nexus one a brand new phone or a refurbished?

14. shredthegnar02

shredthegnar02 New Member

the trackball on my nexus one isn't working either. it wont scroll in one of the directions anymore. ive been wondering how i can fix this but now i guess i should just call htc cust. service. where did you find the number?

15. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

16. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Not even remotely correct. You get a Sony SLCD.

17. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

So what if you bought your N1 from someone else......the warranty transfers, no ? I ask because the power button isn't working on this N1, and when I called HTC, they said my phone was already "a swap", but offered to do a swap again ( since the "void" stick was still in it's place ) with a deposit, of course.

So I'm waiting for the replacement unit to come.....we'll see if this famous service I'm hearing about is as good as I'm hearing.....honestly...the N1 will be the 6th HTC ( I still own my TMo Windows Mobile Smartphone from 2001 ) phone..and the first I've actually had to send in for service or replacement.

18. BreatheElectro

Guys.. I got my replacement N1 yesterday. It took a few weeks to get it. HTC said, they were out of stock on them.

I think I got a brand new one, it came stock with 2.2. After I turned it on and got my apps back on there.. got the OTA notification, a two part update. One was so the phone can receive Android updates. And the 2nd part of the update was 2.2.1.

Also.. this one came with a white trackball, my old one has a black track ball.

Either way... me's a happy camper!

19. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Your old Nexus having a "black track ball" is an exaggeration right? :confused:

20. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I want a black trackball!!!! Actually, I think mine is more transparent rather than black or white.

21. BreatheElectro

Black.. or a dark grey

[​IMG]

Also, I'm not sure if my new Nexus One has the AMOLED screen or the sony one. How can u tell??

22. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

If the android menus seem dark-grey instead of pure black, you've got yourself an lcd pal.
    The difference is quite big.

23. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

I just called to get a replacement becuase I been having issues with the touch screen and the phone freezing and restarting. I asked if it was new or refurbished and the HTC rep said they dont swap and give out new phones ever. Is it worth it to get a refurbished one?

24. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask "What's keeping someone from saying their N1 is broken, ordering a new one and essentially 'buying' a second one for 530 bucks (since they hold your money until they receive your old one?)"

This kinda disappoints me. lol.

25. Kryst

Kryst Member

So would I be able to just call HTC and tell them there's something wrong with my N1 then get a replacement? My N1 right now has a couple scratches on the screen and they just kinda annoy me (bought it off someone else like that). Would rooting the replacement N1 be just as easy also (one click root), and finally is the SLCD really that much more different than the AMOLED screen to warrant getting a replacement unit?