• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Got an HTC 1500mah battery today.

I got the TP2 battery a couple of days ago... It does allow the back cover to completely "click" in all around, but there is definitely a small gap between the back and the front. I have the red/black gradient hard case, so this has absolutely no effect at all on my phone because the case still fits perfectly. I'm assuming that the silicone cases would also fit perfectly fine and cover up the gaps left in the phone from the extra width of the battery.

Reactions: Adam63impala
Upvote 0
I got the TP2 battery a couple of days ago... It does allow the back cover to completely "click" in all around, but there is definitely a small gap between the back and the front. I have the red/black gradient hard case, so this has absolutely no effect at all on my phone because the case still fits perfectly. I'm assuming that the silicone cases would also fit perfectly fine and cover up the gaps left in the phone from the extra width of the battery.

ok, can you take a picture of these "gaps"? people have been saying conflicting things on this since it was pointed out that the OEM TP2 battery could be used in the incredible...some people are reporting gaps, others say there isn't a gap.

someone needs to post a picture with or without a gap to clear this up...i ordered the TP2 battery anyway, but these constant conflicting reports are very, VERY confusing.

Upvote 0
There is definitely a small gap on the left and right sides of my phone while the TP2 battery is in there... I think people are getting confused because when some people say that it "fits" they are only pointing out that the battery cover will still completely "click" back on when you put the phone back together. As I said before, there will be small gaps on the left and right side of your phone, and though they are minimal... I probably would not use this battery if I didn't have the case on my phone to cover up those gaps.

Upvote 0
They do last longer. I purchased 2 of the 1500Ma generic batteries with charger on ebay for $11.99 best thing I could have done! Don't waste your money spending $50 on one from HTC or anyone else for that matter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2X-Battery-Desktop-Charger-HTC-Droid-Incredible-New-/320529431475?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa10afbb3

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
There is definitely a small gap on the left and right sides of my phone while the TP2 battery is in there... I think people are getting confused because when some people say that it "fits" they are only pointing out that the battery cover will still completely "click" back on when you put the phone back together. As I said before, there will be small gaps on the left and right side of your phone, and though they are minimal... I probably would not use this battery if I didn't have the case on my phone to cover up those gaps.

i am confused as to how there can be gaps if the cover clicks on...can you take pics?

i also remember someone saying that the seidio TP2 1750 battery would leave gaps, but the htc TP2 1500 battery will not...which battery are we talking about here?

Upvote 0
You are 100% correct. It's the same with the seidio 1750 battery. The cover snaps shut but there is a very small gap at one side of the phone.

Upvote 0
You are 100% correct. It's the same with the seidio 1750 battery. The cover snaps shut but there is a very small gap at one side of the phone.

i'm not sure what you guys are doing wrong, but i just got my oem htc TP2 1500mah battery today (ordered from ebay), and there is NO GAP (at least not one that i can notice) when putting the back cover on.

whether or not the battery is any better than the stock battery, that's a different story...just charged it, and i'm at 93% after about 30 minutes off the charger with very light use.

Upvote 0
i'm not sure what you guys are doing wrong, but i just got my oem htc TP2 1500mah battery today (ordered from ebay), and there is NO GAP when putting the back cover on.

whether or not the battery is any better than the stock battery, that's a different story...just charged it, and i'm at 93% after about 30 minutes off the charger with very light use.

Mine doesn't have a gap either. After 15 mins unpluged my batt is ay 95%. But I do believe that the batt indicator needs to calibrate to the higher mah battery.

Upvote 0
If it's this bad, I would think something is keeping your phone awake. I'd use Spare Parts to check partial wake usage.

Not saying bad batteries/phones don't exist, just suggesting to check something out if you haven't already. :)

Well, my awake time vs up time was wildly different. Don't recall the numbers but they were not nearly equal. I read the tip about unplugging, turning off, and plugging back in until green. I thought, this is ridiculous, but I was grasping at straws and willing to try. I did that, and yesterday got 14 hours out of the battery! It makes no sense logically to me, but it worked. I am going to keep playing around trying different things, and I can live with carrying a spare battery, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how that additional 10 min of charging time made that big of a difference.

Upvote 0
Well, my awake time vs up time was wildly different. Don't recall the numbers but they were not nearly equal. I read the tip about unplugging, turning off, and plugging back in until green. I thought, this is ridiculous, but I was grasping at straws and willing to try. I did that, and yesterday got 14 hours out of the battery! It makes no sense logically to me, but it worked. I am going to keep playing around trying different things, and I can live with carrying a spare battery, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how that additional 10 min of charging time made that big of a difference.

i have done this same thing with my eris and it has lasted a lot longer that way. its like it wont reach its full charge until unplugging and plugging back in:thinking:

Upvote 0
Right--unless the stock battery is defective. From what he's describing, it sounds like something may be broken.

I'm seriously leaning toward either 1)Malfunction in the charging mechanism whether software or hardware (and if that is the case, I'm thinking quality control issue as obviously all Incredibles don't suffer from the problem) or 2) Defective stock batteries.

I love the phone, and for me the battery problems are not a deal breaker as I've been conditioned over the years to carry a spare when I know I will be places I can't plug in during the day. The only problem I have is people who try to say these problems with the battery are user error or just not knowing how to use a smartphone. These are very real problems on some (obviously not all) of the phones.

Not gonna give up my phone though...can't pry it from my fingers!

Upvote 0
i have done this same thing with my eris and it has lasted a lot longer that way. its like it wont reach its full charge until unplugging and plugging back in:thinking:

i believe that the charger doesnt have enough power to fill up the battery completely while keeping the phone turned on at the same time.

if you try to do things like download programs off the app store and watch youtube videos while you are charging the phone the battery life will actually go down not up...

Upvote 0

Uptime and awake time should be different uptime is how long the the phone has been on since the last reset and awake time is how long it has been used (sending data, screen on, that stuff)

Upvote 0
i believe that the charger doesnt have enough power to fill up the battery completely while keeping the phone turned on at the same time.

if you try to do things like download programs off the app store and watch youtube videos while you are charging the phone the battery life will actually go down not up...
i agree, cuz i have noticed that before while watching youtube videos.

Upvote 0
Received the battery today! Came in a nice HTC package. The 1500mah is slightly thicker than the 1300mah that comes in the phone. Upon installation, the battery DOES cause the cover to not fit completely flush with the phone. HOWEVER, I am not sure I would have even noticed the small gap that is created by the larger battery, if people hadn't made a big fuss about it on this forum. The difference is really only on the bottom right side of the phone (opposite the USB port) and is really a very small gap. The cover still snaps on securely at all points, feels the same in your hand, and fits in cases just as well. I am charging the battery now, and will report back with my findings! Overall, I am very happy.... which should mean a lot to you because I am generally a very anal person and usually don't like anything less than perfection. Now we'll have to see what kind of increase in battery life this brings with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones