• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got AT&T to give me back unlimited Data!!!

SO being that I have been using more and more data since my switch to android and the atrix on the horizon for myself. I called at&t and complained about my recent overage charges and how I was made to switch to the 25 dollar plan not by choice and BAM they gave me back my UNLIMITED DATA!! This is a good sign for everyone!

AWESOME! :D

Congradulations!

now the really hard decision.

Keep the galaxy s

or upgrade to atrix?

Atrix has epic hardware + 4g.

but,

Nexus will get upgrades first

Plus.. even though its edge.. how fast do you really need your connection to be?

And how much are you around wifi?

Either way now you don't have to rush to make a choice :p

Upvote 0
AWESOME! :D

Congradulations!

now the really hard decision.

Keep the galaxy s

or upgrade to atrix?

Atrix has epic hardware + 4g.

but,

Nexus will get upgrades first

Plus.. even though its edge.. how fast do you really need your connection to be?

And how much are you around wifi?

Either way now you don't have to rush to make a choice :p

The only reason why the edge is even bothering me at all is this. There are times that the wifi is a bit weak with this phone and then the edge has an issue. So there is a momentary data loss and nothing works web email etc etc and this happens frequently throughout the day

Upvote 0
SO being that I have been using more and more data since my switch to android and the atrix on the horizon for myself. I called at&t and complained about my recent overage charges and how I was made to switch to the 25 dollar plan not by choice and BAM they gave me back my UNLIMITED DATA!! This is a good sign for everyone!

Good for you man. I knew that they had to let you keep it if you had it before.

Upvote 0
thats really cool.

I am glad I'm around wifi 24/7 just about.. so 200mb should be enough for me.

Well, for me, the Unlimited plan will be the biggest incentive for me to get the Laptop dock for the Atrix. If it is priced reasonably, I will definitely get that versus having to pay an additional monthly fee. It seems that it would have enough functionality to get me along. It says it has full Firefox so I am curious as to whether Netflix will work or not (even though Netflix for Android is coming soon). If most webapps will work on it, I will probably be compelled to get the dock but it might be hard to find it's place in my current tech lineup.

Upvote 0
Well, for me, the Unlimited plan will be the biggest incentive for me to get the Laptop dock for the Atrix. If it is priced reasonably, I will definitely get that versus having to pay an additional monthly fee. It seems that it would have enough functionality to get me along. It says it has full Firefox so I am curious as to whether Netflix will work or not (even though Netflix for Android is coming soon). If most webapps will work on it, I will probably be compelled to get the dock but it might be hard to find it's place in my current tech lineup.

Exactly!!

Upvote 0

I mean no tethering fee awesome! !

Upvote 0
thats really cool.

I am glad I'm around wifi 24/7 just about.. so 200mb should be enough for me.
Yea that's what I thought but ever since I switched to android I have seen data usage jump. It has to be because of things running in the background constantly

That's what I'm doing, but I rooted mine and added the Droid Firewall, and only allow a few apps to talk via 3G, my average Usage right now is under 10Meg a month, including pulling up traffics maps a few times a week in traffic.

Upvote 0
I still find it rather absurd that you call it a netbook.

Whats so insane about it?

Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean its that far removed either.

As a comp sci major I have less problems calling this phone a make shift netbook than I do calling any tablet out there a laptop replacement.

However, the general population loves calling tablets laptop replacements :/

Upvote 0
Whats so insane about it?

Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean its that far removed either.

As a comp sci major I have less problems calling this phone a make shift netbook than I do calling any tablet out there a laptop replacement.

However, the general population loves calling tablets laptop replacements :/

In that persepective your not wrong. Its all in what you do with it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones