Got burned by my Moment after 2.1 OS upgrade.Support

Last Updated:

1. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And I mean this literally. After I upgraded my Moment, I let it just sit on my desk and continue to charge. An hour later, I reached to pick it up and burned the CRAP out of my thumb and index finger!!! WTF???? Is Samsung or Sprint trying to kill us??????????????:eek:

Advertisement
  2. rmp152

rmp152 Active Member

Hmmmm, I don't know. I just did my upgrade today and it said numerous time sto make sure teh battery was full before upgrading... my new fangled paranoia made me want to follow everything to a T, haha. But once it was done, I unplugged it because the battery was full...

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Did the plastic shell start to melt? When searching for signal, the phone can get a bit warm but if it gets hot enough to burn, there's a serious flaw in the phone.

4. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

It's a flaw with the battery, then. With cheap RC vehicles, there is no monitor to turn off the charge allowance and it can keep charging until it explodes. Our batteries are smart in that they will stop when they are fully charged. If yours is getting that hot, remove the battery and get a new one. Not using the correct terminology (my battery guy explained it a while back) but that's the layman's explanation.

5. pbj

pbj Member

mine melted the finish off the back just above the SD card.

6. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the input, guys.

7. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

My phone got VERY hot after installing and using Twitter for Android. I uninstalled it and now all is well in my world.