Got data programmed to all a dif carrier, how to restore?General

Last Updated:

1. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got an eris here programmed for alltel's data, i did it myself by changing values in the programming menu, i now have a droid x on my alltel i programmed and want to give the eris to my buddy on vzw how do i restore it back to factory defaults? Its activated but data doesn't work and calls are flaky and sms is flaky too.. A system restore of the phone doesn't return the programming menu of the phone back to verizon's default. Stays at alltels values. .. its running latest 2.1 vzw OTA.

I know that with my droid X if i flash the factory rom with a desktop computer to restore it with factory firmware it puts the radio back to default settings. How do i do this on an HTC? All help is appreciated.

Does HTC have a Desktop flash restore that i can download??

Advertisement
  2. brock350

brock350 Member

Do you mean something like this?

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/92096-verizons-ruu-official-2-1-droid-eris.html

3. steve500

Thanks a LOT

I extracted the rom.zip from the RUU 2.1 VZW installer and put in on the SD card and renamed it to what it's suppose to be, rebooted the phone into recovery and it asked if I wanted to install/flash the "update", did that, all worked perfect ... except, ... when I go to ##778 all the programming information wasn't cleared to default still, activating the phone on verizons *228 says successful but still doesn't write the HDR AN and PPP passwords... whyyyy, (no 3G and flaky 1x) etc... I don't get it, verizon doesn't either.

I took an HTC incredible that is activated right now and compared ##778 menu's, I didn't copy the HDR passwords or anything because i know they are different per phone and they have charactors that I can't even type in if i were to copy them.. still no worky tho.

I'm not on a pc RIGHT now running the RUU 2.1 VZW EXE and flashing right now, going to see if that works and re-flashes the radio to stock verizon values, the SD card flash way didn't work.

Will update when the pc RUU flash is done.

4. steve500

Flash was successful!

BUT... Radio values are still the same, phone #, etc was still in the programming after the 2.1 RUU restore.

I *228'd and 3G still doesn't work, HDR AN, PPP, AAA etc passwords are still blank after *228'ing

Think it could be an issue with the verizon account?

Could verizon help me over the phone in helping getting the phone programmed? I have heard something about people being told an "A-Key" to get the phone working correctly.