Got Droid last week, Droid X question-do I have to be there?

Last Updated:

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since my local Verizon store helped me port my iPhone 4 to a Droid last week...I was wondering if they would allow my brother pick me up the Droid X since I work all day the 15th. they already had me sign everything, they took my driver's license info, etc....I simply have to exchange the Droid for the X since I am under 30 days still and pay a restocking fee. Does anyone if they would allow that?

If not would they allow for me to pay a deposit to have them hold me one if I speak to a manager?

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Your question is probably better suited for the Verizon store. Most likely any responses here will be guesses. Talk to a manager and then you'll know. Most likely it's up to the store management.

3. dinosaur1

does it matter what Verizon I do the swap at? I am looking for input from anyone who did this in the past....

4. ashykat

Were you able to pre-order at a store? I've heard some stores are doing lists and some aren't. If you pre-ordered, then that would be the store you'd go to. Did you go to a corporate owned store when you picked up your Droid? If so, then you could do your exchange at any corporate owned store.

5. dinosaur1

Yes I bought it at a Verizon kiosk at our local mall.

6. ashykat

Just be sure it was a corporate owned kiosk. Some of those kiosks are "authorized dealers" and then you'd be stuck going back to them.