Got grease on screenTips

Last Updated:

1. Justin5198

Justin5198 Member This Topic's Starter

I got grease on my screen on new evo got, not a lot but it smeared appeared to be all off but there still is a film I think on it any help on what to use to clean it off? Any special products? It's a automotive grease if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

First check your manual or the manufacturers web site to see what they recommend.
    You could probably safely use a cleaner specifically designed for LCD monitors and TVs.

3. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

I work in a mechanics shop and this has happened as well . Wipe up most of it with a clean cloth , Yeah I know its gonna smear but the object is to get the most of it off . Then a simple microfiber cloth and windex will be more than enough .

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

i prefer to use glasses cleaner (eye glass cleaner) with actually the eyeglass microfibers to clean my electronics...seems to work really well on oil bases and has never caused any issues

windex may work but I'm allergic to it ....or maybe I'm just allergic to cleaning lol

5. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

Did you try duct tape? I tried once just to take oil off the screen and it seemed to work well. My duct tape was at least 2 years old, and I think some of the tackiness isn't as strong as it used to be.