• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got It......It's fast....it's really REALLY fast...

Are you on at&t network, confirm no 3G?
Not on 3G. Just on Edge.

Prediction on battery life?
No clue yet...I've had it for about 2 hours now. It took about an hour to fully charge though.

Screen impressions?
What do you mean by this? If you're asking what I think...I think it's super super sharp. Holding it up to the iphone and hero it looks like night and day. It's truly superior in every shape and form.

Speaker and vibration ok?
Speaker is nothing crazy...works well. Vibratioin is average.

booting time?
The animated logo "X" actually took a good minute on the first time. After that, boot time is a bit faster then the iphone. How often is anyone really turning their phones off though?

do you have root access?
Not sure how to tell if I have root access or not.

voice to text performance?
Haven't tried yet.

Upvote 0
a pop can and a remote control.

Here's your proof shot buddy. Just as you asked...along with the home screen and the date and time.

proof_shot.jpg

Upvote 0
I call BS !!!!!!!!

Please post 1 picture with your screen name and today's date .

AGREED !

Close this thread unless proof is posted.

720P recording YES OR NO.

Everything else is regurgitated nonsense currently available.

Id much prefer genuine guys get treated like doo doo then the stack of fakes get the attention theyre desperate for.

Post the pics asked , answer the unique questions. If not theres no point in starting a thread.

Upvote 0
sup crazy gadget junkies? new here too, registered just to be on this thread. exciting. now i got a few Qs for 3d-geer.

3d-geer, like a lot of people who have already played with the N1, is saying that it is fast. in fact, one of the reasons why most folks are excited about this phone is its supposed speed. now that's understandable because a phone's performance is primarily related to speed. speed speed speed. BUT and that's a big BUT: when i first purchased my mt3g, it was also blazing fast! but once i downloaded apps and handcent SMS, the phone got all around sluggish. so people should evaluate the N1's speed with caution, keepin in mind that no APPs like handcent SMS have been downloaded. all in all, i hope that the N1 is truly as speedy as all of us would like it to be.

so here ae my Qs for 3d-geer:

1-how many apps have already been downloaded into the phone? 10? 50?
2-if you surf the net for about 5 minutes and then press the HOME button (without pressing the BACK button) how fast does the homescreen appear with all of its icons? and when the homescreen appears completely (background + icons) is it active (icons are clickable) or frozen?
3-the camera! the camera! the camera! HTC has a problem making good cams. is this one any good?
4-last question is about software issues? is the N1 you have wielding the android 2 version or 2.1? whichever android it is, has the UI improved because stock android is notorious for its ugliness and vapidness? is there a new media player UI?

finally, let's go ahead and post these vids u promised us.....show us them animated background thingies.

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies.

Apps and games from the market working fine, especially the older ones? Does the screen look strange when these apps running, regarding native resolution?

Out of the box, does the screen rotate when you turn it?

Video recording, can you try it? Highest recording resolution available?

Have you gotten prompts to OTA update, does the phone try to download updates?

Can you try tethering, that would also answer root or not?

Why do you have the phone and not me?

Upvote 0
I see no reason to call b.s. on this, he is very convincing. If this is a hoax or joke, he is very meticulous and has planned it for quite a while. I call non-b.s. :)

Only because others here and other forums have been doing this since rumors started.
Forums should try there best to keep rumors as rumors and facts as facts otherwise a sites credibility can get tainted.

Upvote 0
The can and remote control picture is pretty good evidence.

However we all know that with photoshop you can do some realy cool stuff. Not saying that the pics were photoshopped, just saying that I could use a little more proof.

i think its the best proof. i told him not 1, but 2 items to include in a pic with the phone, and he did it in less than 5-10 mins. a piece of paper with his name and the date isn't real proof, as proven by caddyman. don't know what more proof you need.

guys, let him play with the phone for a bit so he can come back and report more information to us. if he's constantly on here answering questions/debunking the validity of his ownership, that's less time he's playing with the phone to answer our ?'s....

Upvote 0
Back folks, I had to slip out for a bit. Anyways....

Battery life: So far so good...As I had said earlier, it's been only a few hours since I've had this so I can't really say.

As for the Edge Questions: Yes it's still pretty fast regardless. Again, faster then my Iphone which is already on 3G. Did a side by side test on the iphone and UK Hero and it beat both.

As for Wifi: Shockingly fast again...and again beats the other 2 devices.

As for Flash: Went to a flash site and got the following:

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Then it showed the download button. When I clicked on the download button I went to an adobe page that said:...and yes this is GOOD NEWS:

"ADOBE FLASH PLAYER

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is coming to Android 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010"

Upvote 0
Voice dialer is a bit weak. As for me this is a new app that I haven't seen yet. When you click on the app you can start speaking "Dial...." then say a number or the name of a person in your contact. Didn't really work too well for me.

Car Home: This is the app you may have seen a few shots of. You have the ability to select one of the following:

View Map
Navigation
Voice Search
Contacts
Search

Works pretty well and gives you real GPS type directions which is cool and nicer then the regular google maps.

It's also missing a few nice apps that the Hero has such as Picture Frames and the Email widget that allows you to skim through your emails.

Last post for the night folks....Gotta get some time to the wife and ease off the phone for the night lol.

Upvote 0
Voice dialer is a bit weak. As for me this is a new app that I haven't seen yet. When you click on the app you can start speaking "Dial...." then say a number or the name of a person in your contact. Didn't really work too well for me.

Car Home: This is the app you may have seen a few shots of. You have the ability to select one of the following:

View Map
Navigation
Voice Search
Contacts
Search

Works pretty well and gives you real GPS type directions which is cool and nicer then the regular google maps.

It's also missing a few nice apps that the Hero has such as Picture Frames and the Email widget that allows you to skim through your emails.

Last post for the night folks....Gotta get some time to the wife and ease off the phone for the night lol.

wait before you go.... 720p?

Upvote 0
Back folks, I had to slip out for a bit. Anyways....

Battery life: So far so good...As I had said earlier, it's been only a few hours since I've had this so I can't really say.

As for the Edge Questions: Yes it's still pretty fast regardless. Again, faster then my Iphone which is already on 3G. Did a side by side test on the iphone and UK Hero and it beat both.

As for Wifi: Shockingly fast again...and again beats the other 2 devices.

As for Flash: Went to a flash site and got the following:

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Then it showed the download button. When I clicked on the download button I went to an adobe page that said:...and yes this is GOOD NEWS:

"ADOBE FLASH PLAYER

Adaobe Flash Player 109.1 is coming to Android 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010"

Cool. Nice of you to check in and inform us, must be hard to put the phone down.

If you could, read this thread again, jot down our requests, try it out and report back to us. Most notably video recording performance, android app compliance and as someone else asked earlier, how quickly does it return to the home screen once you press the home button during intensive browsing sessions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones