• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got it working again

I had problems with my USCC Mesmerize over the weekend.
I was trying to update to 2.2.1, but after problems, I realized I downloaded and used the I9000 version.
I have my phone working again now (thanks to USCC support desk) but have 0.00B of internal phone storage.

He was unable to resolve this issue, he flashed with three firmwares he had available and also flashed with a repartition. He ran out of ideas and had to do more research. I figure I will as well.

I repeatedly get this message:
The process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly.
I did not receive this message after downloading a new app; it seems this is the usual culprit for this error.

I seem to be able to make calls and get around, but cannot download anything.

It almost seems like it is not partitioned properly and all the storage is allocated to another partition.

Thanks

I have nothing on it and have nothing to lose, so I thought I'd try to do a factory data reset.
This is what I got back.

After I confirm, it takes me to recovery mode and says:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(No such file or directory)

--Wiping data--
Formatting FOTA:...
FOTA wipe failed.
Formatting Data:...
Data wipe failed.
Formatting CACHE:...
Formatting DBDATA:...
E:install_application_for_customer:Can't mount DATA:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy application failed.

It appears it was only able to format the CACHE.

While in recovery mode, if I volume down to "wipe data/factory reset" and select OK and confirm with volume up, I get this:
E:install_application_for_customer:Can't mount HIDDENSDCARD:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy application failed.

Upvote 0
How much stuff do you have on your SD card that you want to keep? i.e. photos, etc.

Make a copy of those files onto your PC, then go back into your settings and format (wipe) the SD card.

Run the factory wipe again. (You can also do the factory reset from within settings, if you don't feel like rebooting into recovery)

Upvote 0
That is how I did the factory reset.
I did backup my SD card and attempt it from the settings and with the SD card in.
It rebooted the phone and came up with the messages in my previous post.

I went to USCC yesterday, but they did not have any techs in. Apparently allowed both techs to take vacation on the same day...
I will try again today after work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones