• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Great phone. Very snappy. Well worth it. Getting used to the phone now.

Few Issues:

I'm not able to connect USB mount to my Mac or Windows 7 in virtual mode. Tried searching for information on this but didn't find anything.

There seems to be some lag when transitioning from one app to another app or within the market app. Also when I download something from the market, the phone gets a lot slower. I'm sure Froyo will fix all of this.

What is Samsung Kies? I'm in the US and can't access it. If there is anyway to get it, I will try it.

ATT 3G is working fine so far. However, the bars I get while indoors drop to only 2 and I have had 2 dropped calls already. Not Galaxy S fault, just plain old AT&T.:rolleyes:

Connected bluetooth to my car and got some disturbances. I need to try this a few more times before I call it an issue.

Everything else works perfect. I don't know why everybody hates Touchwiz, I think it is better than Sense and close to stock 2.1 in performance.

Get Kies from samsungmobile.co.uk (for what its worth, its a bit useless).

For connecting in mass memory mode go to Settings --> About Phone --> USB and set it to "Ask on connection", then when you connect you just need to mount the drives from the notification tray and you're good to go.

Transient slowdown when new apps are downloading and installing seems normal in 2.1, my Desire had that too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones