Got my Car Dock today!

Last Updated:

1. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 7, 2010
    Looking forward to using it tomorrow. Will let you guys know my impressions, but Ill preface everything with the fact that I am a total Nexus One and Google fanboy :)

You can check my last Twitter update for a good laugh ...

2. Chopes

Chopes Active Member

Apr 3, 2010

ianken Member

Apr 9, 2010

Great if you need just a dock and have the phone work as a phone and nav unit. Integrated speakers that use blue-tooth A2DP sound much better than the built in speaker and it will charge while docked. If you car has BT phone or audio you can disable that portion of the dock. The reports that you cannot use your BT car setup when docked do not seem to be correct, as I am doing just that, bypassing the built in speakers.

This dock BLOWS if you were hoping to use it for music. The dock has NO audio output other than the aforementioned speakers. It has no line-out. You cannot hard-wire the unit and get a drop in and rock out music docking solution. This, IMHO, is a big detractor from the unit.

I'm not surprised with the lack of forethought on this unit as evidenced by the missing audio output. It's a GOOG trademark. All that is missing is the "beta" stamp on the dock that would be there for three years while they figured out how to put a 1/4" audio jack on the device. In fact it would seem that GOOG is just not engaged with making the N1s outstanding media hardware shine.

I'll use it for NAV on roadtrips, but except for that it'll s tay in the glove box.
    Phydeaux likes this.