• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my GTab 7.7, open for Q's and ongoing impressions and experiences

Will check that out when I get home.

Tried the test images last night but the computer seems to have grabbed them in low quality and there are defects in the images themselves which I'm guessing won't be there on the full images (I know they're image defects because they rotate with the image and their size alters with re-sizing the image). Will advise once I get the full quality test images.

Alright check them when you can.

If you need a copy of the images I can remake them via GIMP2 and upload them in a single zipped file, just PM me at XDA-Developers.

Upvote 0
I am thinking of buying the Galaxy Tab 7.7, the only thing bothering me is the reviews on the Honeycomb OS lagging the tablet.

My question is, does it feel really laggy at times? Or it is just barely noticable?
Also, how do the apps fare for the tablet? Are they just stretched versions of the mobile ones?

Thanks

The Touchwhiz launcher is noticeably laggy. I switched to ADW EX and the responsiveness is very good.

Occasionally the screen takes an extra second to wake up and the app drawer isn't always instantaneous (it does open instantly after the first time), but for the most part it's very responsive. It's a big upgrade compared to the Nook Color I was using (with CM7.2 installed).

Some apps are optimized for tablets, but I'd say the selection is still very lacking compared to iOS. I know people like to say that iOS has a lot of useless apps, but there's really no comparison on the quality and quantity of tablet apps on iOS.

Upvote 0
The Touchwhiz launcher is noticeably laggy. I switched to ADW EX and the responsiveness is very good.

Occasionally the screen takes an extra second to wake up and the app drawer isn't always instantaneous (it does open instantly after the first time), but for the most part it's very responsive. It's a big upgrade compared to the Nook Color I was using (with CM7.2 installed).

Some apps are optimized for tablets, but I'd say the selection is still very lacking compared to iOS. I know people like to say that iOS has a lot of useless apps, but there's really no comparison on the quality and quantity of tablet apps on iOS.
Thanks for the reply.

By the way, where did you purchase the tablet?
Since I am living in Canada and it hasn't been released yet, I plan on purchasing this in Hong Kong. Do you know if warranty is covered in Canada or is it region specific?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones