got my hero today

Last Updated:

1. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Active Member This Topic's Starter

anyone know how to transfer my old phone contact list? I used to have a samsung instinct...Im still on my sprint, thought maybe it would have automatically transfer it over..?
    any help?
    aloha
    D

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I was going to say save them to your SIM card, but Sprint is CDMA >.< No SIM cards...

I really dont know how Sprint handles such things, but you should dig around in the settings/options in your Contacts menu (on your Instinct) and see if there's some sort of backup option to save it to an SD card or to some online account thing.

3. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

Does the Instinct have a send contacts via bluetooth option?

The best option, if your phone is capable, is to send your contacts to Google Contacts. Try viewing m.google.com/sync from your old phone to see if it gives any options.
    Once they're on the Google server, Hero will download them automatically without you needing to do anything.

4. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

tha'ts probalby the route i would take... find out how your particular phone imports/exports contacts - then get those contacts up to gmail where you can manipulate/edit/modify them with a full-sized keyboard.. add pics from your HD or websiteURLs.. etc

5. bigkahuna

there lies the problem. its not on already. its been turned off since i s got my new phone activated.
    Also tried the blue tooth thing, cant connect to the phone for some reason.

thanks for the help people!

6. itsmoirob

What's "not on already"?

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

I think he means his network connection.

Have you not got a USB cable of some kind that lets you back up your contacts to PC? I thought every phone manufactured in the last 10 years did that.

Edit: I dont know how these things work in the US, but you might try going into a Sprint shop (assuming they have shops) and ask them to do it for you. Or even any other mobile phone shop (though they may want paying).

8. bigkahuna

I had that instinct for not that long, was planning to hook up my blackberry , but say the hero and decided to get it. So i never really backed my stuff up, only on the sprint page, which the tell me isnt compatible so im not going to be able to down load my contact info, if that is correct.
    I can get into my instinct with the usb, but i dont see anything that looks like a contact list in there

9. bigkahuna

another thing i didnt get was a so called cd that has a program on it for my hero, Does anyone have a link so i can down load that?
    aloha
    D

10. itsmoirob

No one got a CD. The only piece of software is HTC Sync, only used for transfering contacts/calendar from phone to PC and for upgrades.

The software can be found on the SD card that came with the phone (SD card is already inside the phone).
    Or you can find it here at the HTC site
    HTC Sync Upgrade for HTC Hero

11. bigkahuna

thanks man!
    I love the phone! jus have to get used to making use of it