1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Got my HTC Wildfire online for $99 todayTips

1. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

I was going to shoot for Best Buy and/or Radio Shack on Black Friday for the $99 deal, but got the phone this morning from the Radio shack website.
    Got to wait maybe a week before I get it so no instant gratification there :( But at least I don't need to take part of the Black Friday frenzy :)

So now I am a proud owner of my first Android phone :D

As far as comparing this phone with the Optimus V, not only does the HTC have a batter camera, and a flash, but it also has a better display: scratch resistant Gorilla glass. My co-worker said that itself is worth paying more for.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

That equates to about
  3. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

Yep, indeed a great deal! They were sold out online later in the day. Just for fun I went to the local Bust Buy store after midnight, 30 mins after they opened, and the phone was sold out there too. I think the only chance for folks over here to get it now is Radio Shack. They open at 5:30am. There is Cyber Monday too, but I have no idea what's on sale then.

So I am glad I got my order in, even though I have to wait a week for the phone to arrive :)
  4. estabien

estabien Active Member

Cool, I got it for $99 on the Best Buy website and it should arrive either tomorrow or monday for me. Of course, I'll be using it unactivated because my parents aren't going to pay for the service.
  5. amk2795

amk2795 Well-Known Member

What? Awh! That sucks. I've got to wait a few more days to use mine and I can't wait to get it up and running!

Why not the $35/mo?
  6. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

I have been using my phone a couple days now and i love it! Being my first smartphone, a lot of things to figure out. What I like is it can do MUCH more than my old phone. I do some talking n txting, but I mostly use it for internet and email (when im not home)
    the barcode scanner app is fun :)