got my incredible REPLACEMENT (new not refurb'd) and it feels WIDER/THICKER/HEAVIER anyone else?General

Last Updated:

1. constant.repetition

constant.repetition Member This Topic's Starter

so i just got my replacement "droid" incredible phone with the new renamed box and all (i didn't really have issues with my first but my cousin dropped it super hard and didn't want to risk being stuck with a possibly faulty device two years down the road and i was still within the 30 day return period) and i noticed it's actually THICKER, WIDER, AND HEAVIER than my original one. at first i thought it was the battery cover, so i swapped that out, but NOPE it still felt heavier/wider/thicker. maybe it's a production issue? or do you think they changed it? according to the hardware version it's still 002...so i'm not sure what's up. is there anyone else who's received a new replacement incredible with the new droid incredible packaging that's noticed this too?

Advertisement
    sgtmilstack likes this.
  2. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Pics?

3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

bump.

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Member

well from my experience.... I have the holster/ case combo from Verizon, which I had my original Droid Incredible in. I had a replacement sent to me.. it was a "certified reconditioned like new" Droid incredible.. it fit exactly like the old one did in my case. I received a new replacement battery... it also fit right in the phone and case just like the old one did...

I DID NOT do a side by side comparison nor did I do a weight test.. however based off the case I will argumentatively say the phone is no different dimension wise

but maybe you got the new Moto X it looks HUGE

5. loowaters

loowaters Active Member

OMG...they sent you an EVO. :)

Seriously, that's interesting if that's true.

6. ltbakken

ltbakken Well-Known Member

I receieved a replacement about 3 days ago. Honestly i didnt notice anything different besides the box. And mine was unopened/brand new.

7. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Wait you swapped the battery cover and it still fit? Are you referring to the battery cover from the original phone?

8. constant.repetition

my original incredible had a WAY crisper/brighter display. i'll upload the pics in one sec

9. constant.repetition

my original incredible that i preordered on the left, and the new replacement i got on the right (you can also distinguish the new incredible by its brighter red camera color)

Attached Files:

10. constant.repetition

now in this pic the NEWER replacement incredible is on the LEFT, and my ORIGINAL incredible is on the RIGHT.

Attached Files:

11. constant.repetition

in this pic ORIGINAL incredible is on the left and NEWER REPLACEMENT is on the RIGHT

Attached Files:

12. constant.repetition

now for the SCREEN. my original incredible is BRIGHTER/CRISPER. the whites are WHITE and on my newer replacement the whites are greyish. these were taken with both phones on max brightness. the ORIGINAL incredible is on the left and the REPLACEMENT/NEWER incredible is on the RIGHT.

Attached Files:

13. constant.repetition

in this pic the NEW REPLACEMENT is on the left and my ORIGINAL INCREDIBLE is on the RIGHT. there's definately a difference, even moreso in person. the whites are whiter and the blacks are blacker on my original preorder incredible... the new replacement screen's white's look more grayish and the colors aren't as vivid/don't pop as much.

Attached Files:

14. xvenom89

xvenom89 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's something else. I wonder why the change?

15. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

My first impression is that I don't see enough of a difference to rule out camera angle and lighting creating such an illusion.

My second guess is that it MIGHT be possible that HTC is shipping newer batches of DIs with the OEM 1500 mAh battery (which is also red, like the stock 1300 mAh). If the 1500 is a tad heavier, the difference in weight would make sense.

The screen?

Are you SURE brightness was equal between the two when you snapped pictures?

howarmat likes this.
  16. sgtmilstack

sgtmilstack Well-Known Member

You made me a believer. Thanks for the pics. I'm waiting for a replacement and hope that its good.

17. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Where did the replacement come from? Was it Assurion or Verizon themselves??

18. constant.repetition

DEFINATELY sure the brightness was maxed out on both. Both batteries list 3.7v 1300mAh 4.81whr ratings, though they have different part #'s. one is 35H00134-02M and the other is 35H00134-03M. the replacement was ordered through verizon directly (they basically had me purchase another one and told me i'd get credited for the original phone as soon as they received it back)

19. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

How about a high res pic of the new battery. The text on the back, so we can compare to ours.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

20. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Recall that someone tested the stock 1300 and said it came out to about 900 mAh (I think, don't quote me). Is it possible the newer battery (if it's newer) is more dense, hence can store more energy and therefore is closer to the 1300 mAh stated rating?

21. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Its really hard to tell from the photos; is the new one actually thicker??

22. constant.repetition

i'll try to borrow a friend's camera tomorrow and take better pictures for you guys (my nephew just left for his 8th grade field trip and he asked me to let him borrow my canon digicam so i did cus i'm a nice uncle ;p) but no doubt there is a difference between the new and old incredible that i have.

23. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Where did the replacement come from? Was it Assurion or Verizon themselves??

24. ORRY?

ORRY? Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but, in my eyes, his replacement does seem a tad thicker than his preordered one...

25. constant.repetition

yah i would say as far as the size goes, that the average person probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if they held it unless they did a side by side comparison.. but since i'm a short white mexican male with small hands (i have my parents to blame for that) i can definately tell the difference. now the screen though is another thing. preorder screen > my new replacement - fo' sho. hopefully it's just the replacement i got and not a mass produced issue with the display. i'd still choose this phone over everything else regardless...even if they decided to change the screen on em. my replacement incredible's screen is still better than pretty much every other phone's screen out right now, just not as good as the original one i purchased :p