• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got my incredible REPLACEMENT (new not refurb'd) and it feels WIDER/THICKER/HEAVIER anyone else?

so i just got my replacement "droid" incredible phone with the new renamed box and all (i didn't really have issues with my first but my cousin dropped it super hard and didn't want to risk being stuck with a possibly faulty device two years down the road and i was still within the 30 day return period) and i noticed it's actually THICKER, WIDER, AND HEAVIER than my original one. at first i thought it was the battery cover, so i swapped that out, but NOPE it still felt heavier/wider/thicker. maybe it's a production issue? or do you think they changed it? according to the hardware version it's still 002...so i'm not sure what's up. is there anyone else who's received a new replacement incredible with the new droid incredible packaging that's noticed this too?

I am about 99% POSITIVE that you have the new Dinc with LCD screens....LCD screens are going to be thicker than AMOLED screens due to the backlight, which explains the thickness. And as far as the washed out/not as "colorful" or vibrant colors... it makes perfect sense. LCDs are inferior to AMOLED for precisely that reason. However, they are more visible in direct sunlight. It looks like you might be one of the first to get the new LCDs....KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL DINC!!!

Upvote 0
Those two phones appear to be identical to me in every way except: old phone has a pink hue to the screen. I don't believe there is any difference in the size/dimensions, even down to the "millimeter." Seems strange to me that the pics are posted without any actual measurements or reference in them, as that would be the way to validate these claims... but anyway, I'm glad you are still happy with the replacement, OP. I don't have to tell you that it's incredible! :D

Upvote 0
im on my 3rd replacement.. the first 2 seemed to have a slightly worse screen my third is nearly g-dammed perfect..

I wish i tested my third one to see if it re-booted like my first 2...

But it loaded the leaked ota update as soon as i got it. This is the first time that i have had the phone have an uptime 20hours or longer..

Im not sure if its the phone or the update that fixed it.. either way, the phone is working perfectly.

Upvote 0
Just received my replacement DINC (Asurion) two days ago. It is hardware version 003 which is the SLCD version (my previous was AMOLED) and was brand new in original packaging with a battery and wall charger. I booted both phones side by side and could not tell any difference in the screen sharpness or brightness, both were perfect to my eyes.

I was worried about the new phone already having the Nov software update installed but luckily it did not so I was still able to root it and flash my rEVOlution ROM onto it... Normally I am not that lucky...

Upvote 0
Received my Asurion replacement today BNIB Incredible w/hardware version 003 which is the SCLD screen (had AMOLED) came with 2.2 loaded and within minutes was telling me I had an update.
Looks and feels the same as the unit I am replacing minus the cracked screen (dropped on concrete stairs, still booted up and worked afterwards) colors IMO are no different, only thing I can notice is that there is no pink hues when opening up screens/pages with white backgrounds

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones