• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got My "Like New" device..

baa269

Jan 3, 2010
Well i got my Like New device yesterday.. its about 4 weeks younger than mine.. got a 43/09 the like new is 39/09...

Im kind of dissappointed in verizon not honoring their extended return/exchange i had due to the timeframe.... The like new seems like no one has ever touched it besides to put the stupid new plastic cover over the screen and into the bag.... am i just being too paranoid over this or should i send them both back for a return and rebuy in a couple days and get a brand new one...

The slider on my original seems a lot tighter than the like new one i recieved..... but the one i have slides open on itsown sometimes in my pocket... worried this one will do the same seeming looser?

Eh, warranty like-new replacement or not, you are still entitled to a phone that stands up to your quality expectations. If the slider is too loose, and you are uncomfortable with that, then call and exchange it. I did the very same thing when one of my replacements came, and it was loose. I called, and told them that the phone was functioning well, but that I was very concerned about the looseness of the slider. I was passed around to different reps, each asking me different questions about the phone and how OS functioned. Each time I said the same thing, insisting that the slider was too loose and that I wanted to replace it under warranty, as I considered a loose slider to be a manufacturer defect. Finally, I was transferred to someone who was able to process my warranty exchange. The one I got, and the one I still have, was much much better. My current build is 47/09.

Upvote 0
Well i finally got ahold of someone and after being hung up on one, being transferred to tech support for no reason, and about an hour and a half process.... short and to the point.. ill have a brand new droid next wednesday. i will let everyone know the build # when i get it. by then i should have my phantom full skin so itll be protected from the get go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones