Got my note today! No multi view yet?

1. Peaches037

Peaches037 Well-Known Member

Am I missing it? Also no more s memo?

Advertisement
    :
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

No s memo but you should get multi view as an ota update soon after activating the note 2, I guess how soon depends on your carrier. Mine was within a couple of hours.
    iP0wN likes this.
  3. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

I hate to be pessimistic but I doubt AT&T will deliver the OTA update for the missing Multiview / MultiWindow anytime soon.

I started an inquiry thread on the AT&T Android Forum weeks ago. Never get a direct response.
    http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Di...y-Note-2-MultiView-firmware-WHEN/td-p/3350499

The Samsung Facebook page has friendly "coming soon" replies.

But ultimately I fear AT&T will drag its heals.

For example AT&T S3 owners are STILL awaiting the promised Jelly Bean update.

They are not like Sprint or other carriers who supply swift updates only weeks after International updates arrive.

Looks like I will be seeking a third party rooted ROM , so I can finally have the same featuered phone I saw Samsung demontrate in Berlin last August.

Start here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2016575
  4. Peaches037

That's crazy! That's one of the reasons why I got it.. Wth:mad:
  5. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

Yeah. I thought this would be released by now...
  6. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

If the rumors are true, it will come with the 4.1.2 update later in December :p
  7. Peaches037

I just left the at&t store.. The employee said a Samsung rep was there yesterday and told them that we won't get an update til January's.. That really sucks
  8. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

There's a ton of other stuff to play with and things to do on your device while you wait, enjoy the new toy or if not having multi view available today makes you so upset then maybe you should just return it and avoid the needless aggravation. Good luck.
  9. Peaches037

It's not just the multi view that's got me concerned.. It's some of the features that I've seen in the reviews as well as the advertisements. The only thing I noticed is the same pen gives me a preview of my photos.. Also when I pull out the pen that feature pops to let me know th pen is out.. By the way that's with touchwiz when I installed tsf shell that feature doesn't work so I just un installed it. The rep tells me I may have a defective phone but the phone on display at their store was the same way. Then he tells me that the update will improve everything.. I had the first note and loved it.. I just don't understand why the advertising shows one thing and the phone is showing me another.. Can anyone else please tell me if they are having any similar issues.. Much appreciated..
  10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

As far as that pen feature only working with the stock launcher you can always set up a Tasker profile that would work with any 3rd party launcher.
  11. Peaches037

Thank you for the information.. How am I able to do that?
  12. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

Seems the rumors were true.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN? - Page 10 - AT&T Community Support
    Khemistry wrote
    james27007 likes this.
  13. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Yep got my Note yesterday and got multi window support and it's great