1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Got my Outlook sync'd on phone; How do I turn off Outlook calendar notications?

Last Updated:

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally got my work email sync'd on my Android phone (Outlook). However, all my annoying meetings from work are now popping up as "notifications" in my phone's status bar. I can't stand corporate meetings, which are a colossal waster of time, and i don't want to be reminded of all the meetings on my work schedule.

I was able to successfully turn of the Outlook mail notifications on my phone (and I still get Gmail notifications, since they are two separate email systems, which is exactly what I want).

How do I turn my "Outlook calendar reminders," but still be reminded of my Google Calendar reminders, which is my personal, and far more important, calendar?

I've got a Sprint Hero running OS 2.1.

Thanks,
    -v

Advertisement
  2. gdphishman817

gdphishman817 Active Member

Try logging into your google calendar on the web, Select settings>Calendar Setting in the upper right hand corner. Select the calendars tab at the top. Next to your work calendar there should be a notifications link. Try turning them off from there

3. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll give that a try; thanks!

-v

4. maggieo

maggieo Well-Known Member

Go into the calendar, then hit menu > settings. "set alerts and notifications" to "off". Also, set choices for either alert (you will get sound) or status bar notification (will appear on status bar).