• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got my phone today help restoring apps

Now that you've restored the apps using App Manager I'm afraid the damage is done. If the app you use can backup/restore market links (e.g. Titanium Backup, MyBackup Pro) then you can restore them. However, at least as far as I'm aware, App Manager doesn't offer that feature, so you never backed up the market links in the first place. Installing them from the market again is all you can do.

Try titanium backup in the future if you're rooted, or the free 30 day trial MyBackup pro if you need it in a pinch.

I don't know of any others than can backup/restore market links.

Upvote 0
Actually, Titanium does have the option to "Attach to market (forced)" when you longpress on an app.

Don't know whether or not it would work for your case as I have never tried it but might be worth a shot if you are willing to do it. Don't know if it is a feature of the free version of Titanium as I have the full version (I am guessing it can be done in the free version tho).

Reactions: Xyro
Upvote 0
Oh really? I didn't know that. I knew there was a market doctor, which tries to restore backed up links, but not one that could create them.

If you have Titanium Backup on your phone, long press on any app and you should see an option for "Attach to Market (forced)."

Once again, I have never had to use it. Just noticed the option there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones