got my phone today help restoring apps

Last Updated:

1. corypi

corypi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I used app manager from the market to backup/restore my apps but they don't show up in the market downloads so I don't think ill get updates any way to make the show up

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

What happens when you view an installed app in the market? As in, what does it say exactly?

And if there is an "Install" button, what happens when you click on that?

3. corypi

tryed with waze gps nav ... version on phone is 1.9.0.0 version in market is 1.9.0.0 when i click install it says this version will replace the current version.

4. HustlinDaily

Hmm the only way I know how to force apps onto the market is through root (an app called Titanium Backup can do it).

I will try to find out if it is possible and get back to you.

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I did a quick google search, I could only find people saying 'Titanium Backup' or 'do it manually in the Market'. I'll keep looking around some more, but so far it doesn't look like there is an easy way.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Now that you've restored the apps using App Manager I'm afraid the damage is done. If the app you use can backup/restore market links (e.g. Titanium Backup, MyBackup Pro) then you can restore them. However, at least as far as I'm aware, App Manager doesn't offer that feature, so you never backed up the market links in the first place. Installing them from the market again is all you can do.

Try titanium backup in the future if you're rooted, or the free 30 day trial MyBackup pro if you need it in a pinch.

I don't know of any others than can backup/restore market links.

7. corypi

say i rooted my phone now and then use titanium backup to back it up then do a factory reset and then apply the back up would it put them back in the market or do i need them in the market befor i backup?

8. Xyro

Yeah, it wouldn't work for that reason. You have to have the market links already before you can back them up, even if you do have an app like Titanium that is capable of doing that.

9. HustlinDaily

Actually, Titanium does have the option to "Attach to market (forced)" when you longpress on an app.

Don't know whether or not it would work for your case as I have never tried it but might be worth a shot if you are willing to do it. Don't know if it is a feature of the free version of Titanium as I have the full version (I am guessing it can be done in the free version tho).

Xyro likes this.
  10. Xyro

Oh really? I didn't know that. I knew there was a market doctor, which tries to restore backed up links, but not one that could create them.

11. HustlinDaily

If you have Titanium Backup on your phone, long press on any app and you should see an option for "Attach to Market (forced)."

Once again, I have never had to use it. Just noticed the option there.

12. Xyro

I gave it a try, by disconnecting and reconnecting an app I didn't have backed up.

So I guess it works, for free apps at least.