Got my replacement and its a Refurb...General

Last Updated:

1. Atty

Atty Active Member This Topic's Starter

Kind of annoyed. My phone was randomly restarting too often to deal with so I went to the store and they ordered me a new one. It came in a few days ago and it is a refurb.

Should I worry about it and get a new one? I don't want a refurbished phone to replace mine that I bought brand new. I'm going to activate it tomorrow and see if its any better than the one I have now, I'm not sure if the restarting is due to an actual mechanical error or if its just over heating from use (which I assume they all would? but this often? ffs.)

Advertisement
  2. /Kill

/Kill New Member

My first Droid Incredible had accelerometer issues and would randomly reboot... My biggest fear about sending it back was getting a refurbished phone after pre-ordering the Incredible... However, the phone looked really nice and doesn't have any problems so it might work out in your favor.

3. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i have had 3 replacements all refurbs .. but they all looked perfect.

All the brand new phones get quality control check.. and the refurbs go through quality control as well.

my 3rd one had a blown speaker though.. you had to crank up the volume to hear the rattling...

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea you can hardly notice a difference. The refurbs are probably better tested to make sure they fully work anyways.

5. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

Refurbs gets new screens, new exterior casings, bezels, etc. Just the guts are reused.

6. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mine's a refurb (or at least it was labeled a refurb when I got it). It's perfect cosmetically. My original phone (which was new) had a very small scratch around the bezel right out the box. So the refurb for me was actually better.

7. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side, it's not a refurbished TV.

8. Atty

Atty Active Member This Topic's Starter

What is the deal with the pink screen issue? Maybe its just my imagination but the new refurb screen looks more "pinkish" than my old new phone? D:

9. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

The refurbs are individually tested instead of a sampling from the run being tested. When they go back, everything that is cosmetically damaged is replaced and they're well tested. I've been buying refurb electronics off and on for years and the refurb equipment is usually the same (or better) quality than new stuff.

If I could buy a refurb phone out of the gate and save $50 or $75, I'd be right on top of it.

As for the pink hue, I've been told that you can ONLY see it if you have one that has it and one that doesn't sitting right beside eachother. I've not witnessed it myself, so I have no personal knowledge.