Got my replacement Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,
    So i got my new replacement for my eris. I was having the trackball issue. Anyways, I've made my decision to sell it and get an incredible since i have my new every two. I really did like my eris and it was the phone i popped my smart phone/htc/android/touchscreen cherry with. I have no regrets. Except maybe impatiently updating to the 2.1 leak, when root came so soon afterward. I'm excited to own the incredible. I'm sure ill keep reading posts on all the forums here. If anyone's interested in the eris, here's my ebay listing:

HTC Droid Eris - Brand New!!! Clean ESN!!! - eBay (item 200464335264 end time Apr-25-10 13:24:47 PDT)

Thanks to everyone who help me decide to sell this.

-Sam

Advertisement
  2. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

What was your problem with the trackball. Mine is having problems going to the right, and then it jumps around like crazy

3. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

similar to that. mine wouldn't go left. i complained about that and the battery issue because of 2.1

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

you actually complained to verizon about an issue with 2.1? did they not just void your warranty right then?

5. smacky

smacky Banned

Reminds me of the guy that paid his bond in cash with money that smelled of weed. Tossed him right back in.

6. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

Nowhere in this paragraph does it mention anything about software.

I would like to think that if something like a leaked os being installed on a phone would void the warranty they would have included it in this paragraph.

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

im having trackball issues also. jumps to the left. its random though, and ot something i may be able to prove to them when i get in to the store. how did you go about getting your new phone?
    can you give us the details of how you did it?

8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I returned a rooted phone although it was rolled back to 1.5 but still had root priviledges and superuser whitelist installed. I did a factory reset on it also after the rollback. They took it back no problem and gave me my refund within just a couple days. I'm sure they will just reflash it with the stock oem 1.5 anyways, otherwise someone is going to get a nice suprise when their replacement phone shows up ;)

9. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I would think that Verizon could use "misuse" to choose to void someones warranty that had root or 2.1 on it.

10. andrizoid

but the leaks come straight from HTC, otherwise they wouldnt be able to be installed on our phones. so really all we are doing is using different software still supplied by our official provider. if you tried putting it that way then you could probably swing it.
    no unauthorized software has touched our leaked phones.

11. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself ;)

12. andrizoid

"leaked" phones
    clear;y if your running a custom ROM on root then your running unauthorized software.

but unless theres something your holding back...?

13. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I totally agree. We got "leak 2" directly from a Verizon Wireless employee. He literally told us it was "Verizon Official Software"! Not to mention the fact that there were reports of in-store Erises running 2.1 (presumably because some employees got bored and flashed the leaks onto them), so Verizon might even assume that your phone was upgraded by one of them.

14. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

Ya, you could say that your phone was upgraded when you were in the store. Just keep in mind that they know each and every time you call in or visit a store and get help. For some people like me I haven't been to a store since I bought the phone in February, so I dont think something like this would work for me.