Got my replacement X yesterday...So far, PERFECT!!

Last Updated:

1. bpman

bpman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I got the X on line just about as soon as it hit the Verizon website..received it the next day. Since the initial phone call activating it, I heard an annoying buzz in the earpiece. It got worse and worse as the days ticked by. I figured I would get a Bluetooth headset at some point so it wouldn't matter. Ultimately, I decided to call verizon and bitch about it. the CSR had me make a call to the Verizon automated service and hold the phone to the land line receiver I was using, she couldn't believe how bad the buzzing was. They ordered me a new X..it took a week to get here because it was backordered but I got it yesterday. It was a brand new phone, not a refurbished..had the phone, battery, back cover sealed in plastic and the power cord.

Night and Friggin day difference!!!!!

The speaker sounds clear as a bell, like I am in a sound proof booth..not even the hintiest hint of a buzz. My fiance told me that even ME talking to her sounds MUCH clearer than it did on the old phone. I even noticed the battery life on this new one seems to be a bit improved. It came with about 50% battery life and I just ran it down to about 5% then plugged it in to charge. Once I got a full charge, I unplugged it and let it go into "sleep" mode for the night and 8 hours later, it was still at 90%. The old phone would drop to 70% or 80% just leaving it sit overnight.

It does seem a bit "laggy" with some of the apps but I remember that the original "X" that I got smoothed out over a couple of days once it got used to actually operating the apps and such. Even the lock screen lag seems MUCH smoother than it did on the original one. I wonder if those original batches of phones were rushed into manufacturing and had some kinks they have since worked out.

In any event, I am VERY happy with the new phone, it is much closer to what I had envisioned as my "Grail" phone. Bottom line folks..don't hesitate to return the X and get a new one if something is bugging you about it, these phones are awesome!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Can you hold onto a wifi signal? When I asked about it at the Verizon store, they told me that all X's have this problem (dropping wifi signal) and they wouldn't exchange it.

3. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Good deal. Put one of the custom launchers on it to fix lag problem. gadgetmom my x holds my wifi signal no problem, never drops. You can always try changing the channel your wireless router is broadcasting on (most are on 6 and that can cause interference), depending on router change it to 11.

4. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Sweet! Glad to hear it.

5. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

My X also holds wifi signal no problem. My new computer on the other hand...

6. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

I'm working on changing the settings on my home router (I'm on a Mac with an Airport Express), but mine can't hold a signal on any wifi connection I make.