Got my replacement...General

Last Updated:

1. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...did the OTA...and BOOM....my phone works great now....after doing a factory reset too.....way better than v3...not lagging at all...Im a happy user:D

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Good to see another success of that type, pacedrum.

3. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

May as well post that I got my replacement and no bugs so far. No sound bug as of yet. Rooted first thing and enjoying the blazing speed compared to stock Sense.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

So, 1.5 is still being shipped.

5. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. I don't believe they have a 2.1 Eris chipset and it will only go out OTA. My guy at Verizon said phones that come back will be sent to HTC for a full overhaul, chipset replaced, tested and then marked as "certified pre-owned" or something like that. Take it FWIW from a Verizon guy. He had an Eris leaked but now has a new BB as per company policy regarding salesperson's phones. He told me to send back my leaked phone if I had any issues whatsoever.

I know you are good at polls, Frisco. What about making one asking 2 questions for leakers only?
    1. How many leaked people sent back their phones due to hardware or software bugs or wanting the OTA 2.1? (no distinction necessary)
    2. How many kept their leaked phones?

I just can't figure out this poll thing, sorry.

6. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

At least the explanation makes sense. :)

My phone was dated 5-05-10 on completion of refurb testing. Came with 1.5. Someone reported that they got a refurb with 2.1 but I suspect that it was a leaked version sent back out.

7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I saw that, but I wondered if it was from Asurion or Verizon. We'd need some further confirmations I think.

8. pacedrum69

Mine came from Verizon

9. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I also saw that thread. My replacement is on the FedEx truck right now on it's way to me. I will update when I get it and let you all know if it has 1.5 on it.

10. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

I know this has probably been answered before, but what exactly is the sound bug everyone keeps referring to? Is this something that makes the phone go silent when receiving phone calls? Is it a critical thing?

11. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

It makes the phone go silent on a phone call. You can't hear the other person and they can't hear you. I would say that is pretty critical for a PHONE.

Jazzy79 and majorpay like this.
  12. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

Got my replacement 2 days ago. Immediately installed OTA and factory reset the phone before setting it up "my way." It's running fantastically! I didn't realize how bad my lag was until I got this new one. Happy camper so far!

But I still have the 50% bug...

13. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

If the checksums matched (as some have claimed here), how could there be a noticeable difference in performance?

14. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

It looks like I have 1.5, with a SEC date of 5-5-10.

I haven't activated it yet due to the fact I am at work and have a few business meetings today and have a lot going on until I get home tonight.

15. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Got my replacement yesterday--right after my old phone went silent on the ride home. 2.1 OTA notice came on right after activating the refurbished phone. (It was running 1.5) No problems yet....lots more apps to download. Anyone figure out how to use Appbrain so it can download older synced apps? It tends to sync right away so on my new phone, it overwrote all the apps I had on my old phone with the few that were on the new one.

16. darthanubis

darthanubis Active Member

Mine came with 1.5.

17. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Yeah, go to the AppBrain web site and copy all your apps to a new list (ie, "backup list"). When you sync, it will wipe out the default list (usually "my apps" or "apps on the eris") but not the copied list.

18. pacedrum69

I have also noticed MUCH better battery life.....like its a new battery... I would say that although v3 got me thru the long wait for OTA....OTA is BIG PIMPIN.
    LOVE IT

19. JDG63

JDG63 Member

Just D/L ing the OTA on my refirb. Will let all know how it goes. Came with 1.5 when I was told it would be 2.1. Oh well....