Got my S2 todayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

So far I'm well pleased. I haven't had it long to do some messing and testing but so far all seems pretty flawless.

Only thing I am not fond of is the scrolling/swiping of the screens, it seems as if you have to really fling your thumb to get the screen to move. Sometimes I have to flick the screen more than once, but that's a minor thing really.
    Is there a setting for that I am missing?

Only other thing I noticed was I took a pic, and the res is at 3264x2448 and the pic looked kinda grainy and fuzzy. That may be a setting, not sure, but if anyone can assist me on that I'd be grateful.

Overall so far so good.

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

there are other launchers that are smooth. there is nova prime[my favorite], apex, and holo. there are more just giving you a start
  3. systemofadown

systemofadown Well-Known Member

when you open the camera, hit the little settings wheel looking deal.. scroll down to resolution & presto set it where you like
    ;)
  4. johnbobie

johnbobie Member

I have also noticed the poor images the camera takes
    I have it set to 8 megapixels and the pics look horrible on the phone. Transfer the pics to your computer and they end up looking great
  5. systemofadown

systemofadown Well-Known Member

Agreed, they do look bad on the phone. even pix that I had on my SD card from my other phone look bad...
  6. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Try setting screen mode to dynamic (settings/display) pictures look fine to me on mine.

Codegerm
  7. johnbobie

johnbobie Member

dynamic screen mode makes my font look weird. The dialogue boxes look distorted..lol going back to standard now
  8. Codegerm

What are you running for a ROM? I have it on dynamic and all it does is adjust color temperature some (for richer colors) my dialog boxes and font looks normal.

Codegerm

ps Have you changed your dpi settings at all??
  9. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I love the pics the camera takes.I get great pics both from taking them and the ones sent to me come out great.I love the camera so much,and I'm still trying to figure out why people say this phone has a bad camera?!?!?!?
  10. Codegerm

I think they are referring to the display (though I am quite happy with how the display looks). I do like the camera for this phone and is one of the reasons I got the SGS2

Codegerm
  11. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I was referring to the display.The display is great,I have no complaints.My pic seem like HD if ya ask me.
  12. Krowbarr

Krowbarr Well-Known Member

I'm loving the camera also, takes really fine photos and excellent video also. I've had the phone just over a week and have found everything to be excellent. Not a single glitch or problem.
  13. MattWeed9

MattWeed9 Active Member

Just got mine Monday and I am really impressed. Already rooted and running CM 10. Having issues with MMS now so probably going back to a stock ROM.
  14. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Look at MMS fix in all things root by hevincott
    MattWeed9 likes this.
  15. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

MMS fix worked for me on cm10.