• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my shine new milestone

spottyelephant

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2009
Well my milestone came yesterday.

Absolutely delighted with it.

I loved my Galaxy (and still am a big fan of it), but this really bests it in every way:

-amazing screen, and way easier to see in sunlight than the galaxy's amoled
-v polished UI, and only going to get better with 2.1
-the ability to upgrade android! That was the galaxy's one flaw, though the guys in the galaxy forum are amazing and i have no doubt they'll achieve putting 2.0 on the galaxy, its still nice to have upgrades supported by the manufacturer!
-v loud speakers
-crazy fast web browser, like WAY faster than my Galaxy...with pinch zoom too!
-everything else, actually too much to write!

The keyboard is, as i suspected, not great though. I doubt ill use it other than typing v long emails and playing emulators with. But the phone's so slim that it makes no difference having it, and its nice having the option.

One question though - im running 2.0. I got it from germany (but im in ireland), so once 2.0.1 is released for germany milestones, will i be able to get it by going to settings -> about phone -> system updates??

Cheers

One question though - im running 2.0. I got it from germany (but im in ireland), so once 2.0.1 is released for germany milestones, will i be able to get it by going to settings -> about phone -> system updates??

Cheers

I think you will only get the Ireland update instead of Germany version. You have to double confirm with your ireland's carrier on this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones