Got my Telus Droid!General

Last Updated:

1. merkman

merkman Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I purchased a Milestone on Sunday via Ebay. Seller shipped on Monda, and it arrived yesterday afternoon. So far, I'm loving it!

Web browsing seems quite fast, with ESPN mobile and regular sites coming up without issue. The feels just a smidge slower than the iPhone, when using my fingers to zoom in and out with multitouch, but it works and I never felt like it wouldn't.

Similarly, I used YouTube to play back Joseph Hachem's 2005 World Series of Poker win. It was solid with no dropouts at normal resolution, but was a little fussy. So I bumped the quality to high, and within moments I was watching the video again. This time, I could read the players hold cards easily in the corner of the screen, and the overall effect was VERY impressive.

Next I installed Facebook. A little lacking, like all the non-browser apps are, but makes it easy to take and insert pictures onto the site, and if I could just see a few more posts when I use it... it wouldn't have been bad at all.

I ran a movie I'd converted though the media gallery's video player, formatted for the iPhone, and it ran first try with NO hickups. Similarly, a WMA variable bit rate file I like to use on my Windows Mobile phone or my computers ran without a hitch in the audio player widget on the desktop.

I downloaded Amazon's app, and a bunch others. All seemed to open and run fine, including iHeartRadio, which I really appreciate to listen to a couple of my local sports stations. Just about the only negative has been trying to find a ESPN Radio app where I know I can listen to Seattle's 710 ESPN Radio station with Kevin Callabro and others. No dice thus far.

Great screen, AT&T worked right out of the box once I put in my sim, and though I might not be rooted because of the model of the device... other than active wallpaper I'm not sure I'm missing much. Just seems solid and great on all fronts. Even upgraded Google Maps to 4.0 this morning, and if not for a late night watching movies... I'd probably have been on the roads today testing the turn-by-turn directions. I don't see a contacts button to pull up addresses like in iGuidance on my Windows Mobile phone... but maybe I just missed it.

Long story long, looks like Telus has a solid phone for my AT&T network! :cool:

Advertisement
  2. psykoalby

psykoalby New Member

Did you have to unlock it? Or did the seller unlock it for you?

Also, what about protected apps on the market? There's concerns about unlocked Android phones not being able to access certain apps on the market. Can you confirm this? I'm not talking about paid apps. Certain free and paid apps are "protected" and previously could not be accessed by unlocked phones.

3. merkman

merkman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Seller unlocked beforehand.

As for apps, everything from the market has worked fine.

I just figured out this morning Radiotime has my local ESPN station. $2.99 later, I've got all 3 stations I wanted on my phone!!!

Need to move more audio and video, but I'm really happy!