• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root got problem in parsing package

HaN6787

Feb 15, 2011
Hello. As stated at the title, I'm having this problem after applying my new 8GB SD card last night. I can't install any single apk's from previous SD card, dunno why. It always give me the same error. I've tried to restoring my previous backup with xrecovery, but it says that "md5 mismatch".

edit: when I'm trying to install other apk with old 2GB card, problems gone LOL. does file system type matters in this problem? previous was FAT, and this 8GB is FAT32. I'm in need of other opinion regarding this.

2nd edit: I've partition my 8GB card with FAT, and its limited to 4GB. still, my phone cant install anything! I was thinking that my X8 can't support 8GB at the first place. Maybe the brand itself brings me trouble.

Hello. As stated at the title, I'm having this problem after applying my new 8GB SD card last night. I can't install any single apk's from previous SD card, dunno why. It always give me the same error. I've tried to restoring my previous backup with xrecovery, but it says that "md5 mismatch".

edit: when I'm trying to install other apk with old 2GB card, problems gone LOL. does file system type matters in this problem? previous was FAT, and this 8GB is FAT32. I'm in need of other opinion regarding this.

2nd edit: I've partition my 8GB card with FAT, and its limited to 4GB. still, my phone cant install anything! I was thinking that my X8 can't support 8GB at the first place. Maybe the brand itself brings me trouble.

Did you install app2sd?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones