got root with the pny 2gb

Last Updated:

1. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i finally got it! after using my transcend sd cards(a 2gb and an 8, oh and a sandisk)for 2 days and about 200 tries pushing the cards in and out...i went to walmart, bought the stupid PNY and wouldn't you know it, it worked on the 3rd try. i think that you must push the sd card in in a very tiny window(a fraction of a second)and with the pny card it is between the screen glitch and the black screen. with other cards that window may be in a different place, because it can obviously be done with other cards but i have heard people saying they pushed the card in 1-2 seconds after the disconnect sound. i don't know its weird, but for what its worth heres how things were when i got it:

windows 7 64bit
    htc usb cable
    pny 2gb
    htc syn uninstalled
    pdanet drivers and the other drivers from the sdk file where you have to edit the ini file. probably just needed one or the other though.
    i was using the loop.bat and pressed the card in almost immediately after the screen glitch

good luck

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

great ive seen you on here trying hard. thats good to know

3. crimton

i actually picked up the pny card today then came home on my lunch break and got into recovery almost right away. i ended up taking a long lunch break

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

thats great... i got it lucky with a Sandisk but i cant get it to happen again so ill have to get a pny if i need to get into recovery again

5. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

I as well got lucky with a sandisk last night, I dont even know how many times I tried to root it. But that one time, I pushed the card in at the perfect moment. Have not tried it again, but I do feel it would take a while if I was to.

6. crimton

i'm not even gonna bother trying again for awhile. am i right in thinking it will eventually be possible to uninstall sense,twitter,friendstream etc with the phone booted? i know now it can only be done through recovery but that is too much of a pain i can wait..

7. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

There will hopefully soon be a user friendly way that works every time, resulting an easy way to uninstall sense, twitter, and etc. But for now, i'm good with my root and I don't mind waiting now.

8. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I wonder if it has anything at all to do with pushing in the SD. I was able to get root just by booting into recovery. I got in about 5 seconds after the second driver sound. This is quite always past the glitch and way into the black screen. It seems to me its where the driver could finally talk to the phone. What makes it finally talk is anyone guess, the whole things kind of odd if you ask me.

It works so well for me now that I don't even open the phone.:eek: